Wednesday, August 1, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

I figured it was fitting that I do a "If You Really Knew Me" post, seeing as I had completely stopped blogging. I promised you a recap post about DC, I just never got around to it, forgive me. I've been a little too busy living.

If you really knew me you'd know that I am a Christian. A struggling one. A work in progress. I believe in God. I believe in grace. 

If you really knew me you'd know that I read my Bible ALMOST daily. ALMOST. I get off track, but typically find my way back.


If you really knew me you'd know that I love my family. More than life itself. I've talked about my parents multiple times here on the blog, but know that I am completely blessed and reminded daily.

If you really knew me you'd know that I don't get caught up in things. I don't have a desire to have the best of everything. No desire to have everything that everyone else has. I DO love clothes and shoes, love to shop, love to spend my money on friends, love giving my money to others, love to give my time.

If you really knew me you'd know that I spend lots of money traveling. 

If you really knew me you'd know that I traveled to DC. BY TRAIN.


If you really knew me you'd know that I love ANY body of water. ANY.





If you really knew me you'd know that I love my friends. Love having someone in my corner. Someone I can talk to. Someone who levels me out. Someone who can I turn to. Someone who I can travel with, laugh with, eat Mexican with, love, and just share life with.








If you really knew me you'd know that I like to travel. Just since April I've been to Savannah, Lake Cumberland twice, Miami and DC. LOTS of travel.




If you really knew me you'd know that I have gone camping. TWICE. This year. Me. I went camping.


If you really knew me you'd know that the second time we went camping, we took fans. It was 110 degrees. No exaggeration. 


If you really knew me you'd know that I LOVE to run. LOVE it. I took some time off but I'm back on track. I've lost 40 pounds over the last couple of months and running REALLY helps!


If you really knew me you'd know that I am afraid of heights. I am the worrier of our friends. I typically end up doing things, but not without a little worry involved.

Exhibit A. Going down this slide.

lots of worrying on that face.

If you really knew me you'd know that I LOVE a good concert. 


This pic is really just me sharing it because its cute. We were at a concert, but you'd never know that. Also, 110 degree day.

If you really knew me you'd know that I love making memories with friends. Doing things that put us out of our comfort zone and giving us lots of giggles.


If you really knew me you'd know that I had the time of my life watching one of my best girl friends get hitched in Miami.





If you really knew me you'd know that I am a UK fan. Through and through. So much so that I will share things like this:

yes. That's Jay Z.
yes. I was that close.


AND.
Last but not least.

If you really knew me this dog cracks me up daily.



xoxo,
don't waste your life living someone else's life,
Brooke

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Auggh! You're back! I have missed hearing from you! Loved getting to know a bit more about you in today's post - you seem like you would be SUCH a great friend to have:)