Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

I called my mom in tears on Friday. 

Emotionally and mentally just broken. 

A few minutes later my mom called and said, "let's go to the Smokies for the weekend, let's just get out of town." I left work around 3 for some other reasons, hustled home, packed the car and away we went.

We had one of the best weekends ever. Just the three of us, like it usually is anyway. Just spending time together and making memories.

We drove to Cherokee, an indian reservation, toured the sights, ate yummy food and finished up the weekend with some outlet shopping. A great little getaway.





the swinging bridge where i always used to visit with my grandpa.


I saw this guy and HAD to take my picture.

Didn't have a single tooth. Not one.


reservation shopping.















after visiting and paying my $5, I realize that I feel really sorry for these animals. 

smoker's dream. casino, baby.

Had I known that this yummy deliciousness was only 3.5 hours away, I would have made the trip more often. : )

posing with my menu, blogger duty.

mom making fun of her child.


picking this: 



finally home and ready for a week full of love and fun.

xoxo,
Enjoy your week,
B

2 comments:

Ashley said...

i love this. i love that your mom is so spontaneous and just said - let's go. i loved that you were like "ok.' i love that you spent time with your family and hope you came back totally refreshed! and i love that you saw bears....because i love them! i want a pet bear (one that won't eat me).

The Feisty Redhead said...

Hi Brenda and Doug! Miss you and your family so much, Brooke. Looks like you had a great time.

Regarding the Paula food, I hate how some retaurants give you those tiny little portions. I mean, c'mon, Paula! You're not fooling anyone with your new lifestyle.