Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Update!

Ladies, this weekend, I died and went to Fairytale heaven. 
This is not an exaggeration.

Early last week I called and made reservations for my Mom, Dad and I to go to little place called The Glitz and Irish Acres Antiques in Nonesuch, Kentucky. I had heard FABULOUS things about it, and we wanted to go take a look for ourselves.

We started out the day on a little winding road, took a ferry across the river.



And then another winding little road took us another 45 minutes away - to where we would find this - looks like an old school house to me.



But then - when you get inside you are quickly taken into what can only be a fairytale.







My pretty momma and I.





I was completely in love. The food was to-die-for and the ambiance was outstanding. 

After a yummy lunch - we went upstairs to look around in the antiques and the store.


Even the bathroom was an experience.






My future children will have this in their bedroom.





Does this not scream Tales from my Fairytale?????????


After hours of looking and loving every minute of it - we left with some purchases, like fantastic jewelry and some antiques for mom and dad.

We went straight to a craft festival in another little town called Midway!



My poppa and I.



Yummy produce.


And an old timey ice cream shop!

After a long day of antiques and crafts - I went and did a little tailgating with some friends - and then on to a girls' night full of some amazing girls!

Sunday was filled with church and Batman - I'm on a real Batman kick lately!

Overall, an amazing weekend - I just wish it lasted longer : (

Go link up and tell us about your weekend!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love Kentucky!

I was raised in Eastern Kentucky and for the past 5 years I have lived in Central Kentucky.

Dreams Do Come True

http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

Oh my that little restaurant is darling! I love everything about it. What a fun experience!

Unknown said...

this is absolutely adorable. i wanna go and visit for myself! :)

so glad i found your blog through the weekend link up!

happy monday!

Sami said...

Aw what a fabulous weekend you had! The Glitz looks and sounds so fun! Thanks for linking up pretty lady :)

Allie said...

What a fun and fabulous weekend!!! Looks like a girls fairy tale come true!!! :)