We all have them....those artists that we have a tiny crush on, that we rush to buy their new singles or cd's as soon as they are released, the one that we go to every concert, the one that we would do anything to meet.
Friday started off pretty normal. Didn't have any big plans for the night. I knew Jake Owen was going to be close to me - like an hour and a half away - but hadn't bought tickets for whatever reason.
Around 11 on Friday, I sent out a tweet saying that I really wanted to go to the Jake Owen concert - and then this happened.......
Jake Owen tweeted me, followed me, sent me a direct message - and pretty much made my year!
I was sitting at my desk, having a small freak out, not sure what to do first.
I mean, Jake Owen, my FAVORITE country singer, gave me four tickets to his concert, was having a conversation with me - and was following me on twitter.
I called my girlfriends, ditched work, teased the hair and got all gussied up for what I knew was going to be an absolutely fabulous night.

On the way to Corbin, I kept prepping myself and my girlfriends "girls, the tickets may be really bad" and "maybe he forgot me." I just didn't want to get my hopes up. I was a nervous wreck.
I made a beeline for the Will Call window, gave my name, and the lady handed me an envelope with my name on it (I'm sure Jake wrote it). I ripped it open and found four tickets right up front and four meet and greet passes.
MEET. AND. GREET. PASSES.
I sprinted to where we were supposed to wait (and by sprint I mean I left my girlfriends in my dust).
Jake's staff came and rounded us up - and we waited in line.
Girls, when I saw Jake walk by and wave, I lost my mind for a brief second. He's just as gorgeous in person as he is on tv and pics.
We waited in line - and when it was finally our turn, my friend Monica and I made friends with another of Jake's staff. They suggested I sneak Jake a kiss on the cheek, and in hindsight, I probably should have.
Jake and I got to chat for a little bit, he signed some pictures and took some great pictures.
He was THE NICEST guy. He was so friendly, and sweet, and was very appreciative of his fans.
blurry - but I was close, kids.
not his best side, but it's not his worst, either.......
The concert was one of the best I've been to, which could have been that I knew every word to every song - because I listen to it on repeat every single day.
He was great, appreciative, put on an awesome show and can play the guitar like none other.
He's beautiful and sweet. And definitely made this fan's year.
Don't worry, I'm already planning my next trip to see Jake.














15 comments:
OH.
MY.
GOSH.
I have never been more jealous of anyone in my life.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you that is a crazy awesome experience.
1.Stillll cannot get over this happening to you last week haha.
2. That boy sweats a lot and has the tiniest buttocks ever.
3. You looked hot!
OHHHH MYYYY GOD! This is so cool!!!!
It shows you what a great person he really is too! Thanks for sharing this!
OMG!!!! My first row concert with him is nothing now :)
What a lucky girl! =) Looks like you had an AWESOME night!
I just can not even believe this happened to you.
Like, I'm an awe.
I'm going to tweet every single singer until this happens to me. haha!
Now you know how I feel about Gavin ;) This is so awesome and you look incredibly gorgeous! Love the dress and boots! So glad you had a fabulous time and that he was such a nice guy. That's always the best :)
omg this is AMAZING!!! Super jealous!!! :P
<3 Melissa
You are kidding! This is amazing!! It makes me want to hop on twitter and tweet every. single. artist I love in hopes of the exact same thing happening to me!
How exciting!! That is super awesome-kinda jealous!
I took notes-I'm now doing this with my favorite!
this is absolutely amazing!!!! i'm off to go tweet some celebs! :)
OH MY GOSH!!!! I literally read this post with my jaw dropped the whole time (it may or may not still be like that). OH MY GOSH!!!! That is sooooo freakin awesome!!! Story of a lifetime girl that is amazing!
Ummmm, this is AWESOME. I would never believe that could happen! Now I will start perfecting my tweeter skills for the summer :)
Ummm how amazing is this? I need to become a pro-tweeter now. Found you on Sami's blog today :) I'm a Kentucky girl, too! Louisville to be exact.
Just saw this on Sami's blog. How cool! I love Jake Owen and what a sweetheart! Love your outfit for the concert too.
Post a Comment