Friday, October 5, 2012

Finally Friday!

Hi loves, it's finally Friday and I'm sure you couldn't be more ecstatic.

I am here:



Hopefully finding a Native American who has more teeth this time.

And today is the last day of my giveaway! So go enter so we can see who won : )

But in the meantime, I wanted to leave you with a little something. As most of you know, if you've been around here for any amount of time, I have struggled with my weight for a while. But I'm losing and I'm kicking tail and I'm finally getting to where I want to be.

I know you've seen in the media about the newsanchor who got the mean email - calling her fat - and how she addressed it on air. I saw the posts come flooding through to Facebook and Twitter about how she should have or shouldn't have done that. As someone who has struggled with my weight, no, it may not be healthy and it may not be a good way to be a rolemodel, but sometimes you can't help it. Or you've tried everything in your power to lose weight and the pounds just won't come off. That doesn't make you less of a person - nor should it open you up to let someone say that because you are overweight you are not setting a good example.

It's National Bulemia Month this month, even though I believe that October is a lot of different months - breast cancer being one of them. But, ultimately, I just wanted to tell you, if you are struggling with an eating disorder, talk to someone. Let them know what is going on and find help. Don't be mean to your body just because you don't like the way it looks.

It took a long time to put on the weight - so it will take a long time to get it off! It's a long process, but blog about it and let's go through this together. I promise it helps.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Tranae said...

Hey Brooke. I agree with you. Being overweight does not give others the justification to be rude. The person who wrote that e-mail was out of line. I have struggled with my weight too over the last couple of years. And it really hurts when others think it is okay to make remarks about one's weight gain.