Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Wish For You...

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow...

This past weekend I spent a lot of time in the car - listening to lots of country music. I had a lot of time to reflect on everything from song lyrics to hopes and wishes. I kept thinking what better way to express my hopes and wishes for those that surround me than to express it via blog.

My wish for my mom, is that she learns to live life for herself again. Not to be so wrapped up in everyone else, but to find what makes her happy again. My wish is that she finds a way to spend every single day full of love, happiness and joy. That she remembers what its like to live each day to the fullest. That she remembers that life is more than a clean house and a cooked dinner (although those are really nice to come home to). 



My wish for my best friends, is that you never forget the memories that we've made together. That you never forget the impact that you've made on my life. That you always remember the laughs we had, the journeys we shared, the things we learned and the songs we sang. I hope that we never forget the way that it feels to ride down the road and sing Randy Houser at the top of our lungs. Or the way we laughed when you tell me to "blend in" in Amish Country and I do the exact opposite thing. Or the way that we can laugh at our shortcomings and want to cry over our lack of a boyfriend. The way that we can analyze every breath of the opposite sex - and then sometimes just roll with the punches. I hope that you always remember that I am thankful for you. For every aspect of you. You complete me.


My wish for my bloggy friends, is that you find your inner voice. No matter what it is and you blog to your heart is content. That you find the words that you've been looking for - that your blog grows exponentially. That we become closer with every blog post and that we bond over silly things like nail polish and fashion. That you continue to be who you are, because I love each and every single one of you for what you are. You make my life worth blogging about.

My wish for my dad, is that you remember to be proud of yourself again. That you remember that life is best when shared with family and that you find your inner balance. That you remember that you fought addiction and you won. That you remember that I will always be daddy's girl and that I will never forget the way I've always looked up to you. That you will know that I saw the toys that belonged to me that you're keeping for when I get older, and know that makes my heart happiest.


My wish for my nephews, is that you never stop living your dreams. That you live out each day like it could be your last. That you never forget what it's like to have someone who is proud of you. That you always have someone in your corner. That you never stop believing in yourself.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Sweet post!


=)


Brooke

JMB said...

LOVE this sweet post from you, Brookie! I think I would wish the same for my momma, oh how they never take the time to stop and smell the roses for taking care of each and every one of us! Bless their hearts!! ;) As for bloggy friends, thank the Lord I found my gorgeous little Kentucky girlfriend via Blogger!

Cotton said...

This post is so full of love! My mama says every time she hears this song, she thinks of me, so it has a special place in my heart.

Whitney Ellen said...

I love you and your heart so much. You're amazing and I'm soooooo incredibly thankful for this blog world bringing us together. <3 I love you, girl!

Katie said...

This is absolutely precious B! I love it girl. Rascal flatts has special meaning to me b/c of my mom...this is so sweet. So glad we've "met" girl :)

Unknown said...

What a great post! I may have to steal this idea of hearing a lyric and writing a post about it.

henning love said...

what a lovely post brooke!! beautiful wishes for the special people in your life :-)

Ashley said...

Such a touching and sweet post! I love this :)

Allie said...

I love this! Such a sweet idea :)

Eesh said...

This post is so beautiful! Filled with love & sincerity.

xx