You guys are in for a real treat today - I mean who doesn't love talking about weight loss and just putting it all out there??? Yeah, me neither. I hate it, makes me feel vulnerable, and while weight loss can be one of the greatest things EVER, it can also be really hard.
A year ago - around this same time - if you knew me, you'd know that I was 60 pounds heavier than what I weigh now. 60. You read that right, kids.
And looked something like this:
I was incredibly unhappy - so I decided to make a change - I started running (Couch to 5k, holla) and decided to become a vegetarian (pescatarian).
I was around a size 16-18 and was miserable in my life. I thought I looked good in these pictures. I was unhealthy, was eating everything in sight and just really needed an upgrade on life. Ya feel me?
I lost around 35 pounds but my weight went back and forth. I'd go back to eating fatty foods and so my weight was just never what I wanted it to be.
At Easter, I looked like this:
In July, this was me:
The pictures from my trip to Miami really sparked something in me. I had to make a change - so I decided to really step up my work out game, really make a difference in my eating, and just make a lifestyle change.
This is me now:
I'm teetering between a size 8 and 10 and am really happy with the way I feel.
Since July I've lost 26 pounds, over 30 inches total and have lowered my BMI by 6 points. According to the BMI scale I am still considered overweight, which is probably right since I have about 20 more pounds left to go to be where I want to be.
I've had so many questions on HOW I've done it that I just wanted to put it out there.
Whoever said nothing tastes as good as skinny feels was right. It took me a while to get there to be able to say those words, but they are right. It's all about a lifestyle change.
I'm doing a diet that is high in protein, and low on sugars, carbs, calories and fat.
Ideally, it's eating everything in moderation. I never feel deprived, but at first, I did. I wanted those carbs, needed those carbs - and somedays, I still do. But making a change in your diet to eat clean, eat healthy, lower your sodium intake and eat those colorful veggies, will not only make you feel better, it'll help your waist line too!
I fully believe that any kind of weight loss is only temporary without exercise or being physical in some way shape or form - I get out and do at least 30 minutes of sweating and physical activity EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
Here's the kicker - yeah, I've cut out most of my alcohol intake, but those are empty calories. Do I still drink a glass of wine or two (twelve) on the weekends? Yes. Do I still eat bread with dinner? Once a week. Do I still wish I could stick my head in a candy bowl and come out after I've devoured every kit kat? Not so much anymore.
You guys have been great. I've blogged about my low self-esteem many times - and for the first time I feel pretty. That doesn't happen very often in my neck of the woods, friends. So thank you, thank you for making me feel like I'm finally part of the land of the living again.
xoxo,
Brooke
Brooke


.jpg)






20 comments:
Guess what - you're awesome! You look fantastic! I had a similar revelation with my weight several years ago and made a lifestyle change too. It's a great feeling!
I love you to pieces, child! ;) I am so proud of the success that you've already achieved in your weight loss journey! I am a stress eater, I could never NOT eat. If I was stressed out in undergrad, I was right in that Jif jar! haha. But felt worse AFTER. I picked up running in my early 20s and I found that I LOVED it and cardio is what was going to melt everything off. I think it's also good for not only our bodies but our mental capacity and as a stress reducer to workout every single day ;) Especially as women, yes!? haha Amen. You are beautiful both inside and out and now you just have the body to go along with it, sister! Only suitable!!!! It's completely mind over matter.
So inspiring. I am just starting out on a journey similar to yours and it is TOUGH!!
That's awesome! Great job and I love reading these stories :)
You go girl!! I love reading weight loss stories, they're so inspiring!
Congrats on your journey to healthiness! You should feel great, you've worked hard and it shows!
Brooke, girlfriend you are truly inspiring! I won't lie, I'm currently in the place that you were before you started this journey and I'm not happy about it. The worst part is that I know I'm fat and I know I'm unhappy but I still have yet to find the motivation to do something about it! You are amazing and what you're doing is amazing and I hope to soon say that I am on the same path! You look incredible :)
Wow! What an amazing transformation. Good for you and congrats!
You look AMAZING Brooke. You should be so proud!! As you know I'm a pescatarian too and I love it. Never going back. I do believe it is mind over matter for SURE...I absolutely love working out and I feel "off" or stressed if I can't. Not to the point where I obsess, but you know. It makes me feel so much better! And eating right does too ;) way to go girl!!
Thank you for this post. I felt like I was reading about myself at the beginning. I have 60ish that I want to lose. Between the health reasons, my son and now my degree choice, I NEED to! Thanks for showing it. An be done and you did t have some magic fix!
You look SO good!!!! Incredible!
My beautiful, stunning, strong, amazing friend, I absolutely LOVE YOU with all of my soul. You look incredible and happy and so great!! I am so, so proud of you.
Congrats Girl! You Look Awesome! I wish that i could motivate myself to loose weight instead i use my thyroid problem as a excuse (not good).
Followed you
XOXO
glammedbytarin.blogspot.com
You look incredible. What a huge accomplishment, 26 pounds in 3 months is something that you should feel incredibly proud of. Plus I love that you don't starve yourself, your just mindful of what you eat.
I wish I had your motivation!
I recently came across your blog! This post is so inspiring - you look amazing! You should be so proud. Thanks for sharing :)
What a difference!! Congratulations on coming this far, I know you can kick those last 20 lbs you want gone :)
you look so amazing! congrats and keep up the good work!
Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great!! :)
I am currently trying to get rid of some too, that I gained thanks to taking steroids for kidney disease, so I'm really happy to see I'm NOT the only blogger who struggles with this, and feels weird writing about it.
This post was so inspirational! Just what I needed to read and take in. I'm currently going thru my own weight loss battle, so to see someone accomplish such a feat is pure motivation for me. Thank you for being vulnerable and blogging about your journey.
So awesome that you are getting healthy!! Congrats on the weight loss and your beautiful no matter what ;)
Post a Comment