Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Thankful

When my little peach, Katie, wrote this post earlier this week, I knew that I had to be a true and total copy cat - and steal her idea.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas is quickly on it's heels, and it's so incredibly easy to get caught up in the excitement of the holidays - and lose sight of the real meaning of the holidays. Spending time with family and eating until even our leggings are too tight and just simply being thankful for all that surrounds us.

I'm thankful for...

blog ideas like this one, bloggers like Katie, who are encouraging and uplifting - who write with such heart and passion, are sweet, and have great ideas like this one. Go to her blog here.



for my family. I've literally been blessed beyond measure with my parents. A dad who works hard and a mom who has always been an example. I got my work ethic from them, and know the value of a dollar because of them. I get my sweet tooth from my momma and my dark skin from my poppa.




for my best friends. The two girls who remind me each and every day how blessed I am. They make me wanna be a better person. They are my touring partners, they love to travel like I do, they let me take their pictures a million times, they are better Christians than me, they love the Lord, can sing in the car for hours at a time, can eat Mexican 7 days a week, they listen to me cry, complain, whine, they know my heart better than I do, they love a tradition, they let me be a part of their world, and they remind me that it's okay that I'm still single.









for a Savior that forgives me daily. for being reminded that I am not defined by my past, but I am defined by my Savior. for grace.

Pinned Image

for blogging. For the community of people that I've met, the ideas that I've been given, the readers who stop by here daily. For the Kentucky girls I've met who tell me where I should shop, remind me to be a good Christian girl, I'm looking at you, Dana and Jessica. I'm thankful for those blog posts that I read that bring tears to my eyes, the ones that encourage me on my weight loss journey, those that make me want to spend every last dime, and those that make me thankful for the friendships that I've made. Which leads me to....

for Whitney. She has quickly become one of my favorite people in the entire world. Our gchat sessions and text messages and the way that we just don't judge each other. She gets me and I get her. She's beautiful and she sparkles and she's got one of the biggest hearts. She can make me laugh when I need it most, she tells me it's okay that I drink wine through a straw, she gives me great boy advice and her blog is one of my favorite ones ever written. She made my blog beautiful.


for Sami. She has a closet that makes me so jealous, a heart as big as the Colorado sky, she can encourage me in a split second, she tells me I deserve better, she makes me wanna shop, spend money and sparkle just like her. She loves glitter and sparkles as much as I do, she loves to travel, does fun things like go to beer festivals and makes me just wanna be her bestie. 




for my pup who loves me unconditionally.


And for coffee, Starbucks, glitter, mexican, margaritas, boxed wine, football, the SEC, cute boys on the elevator, and most importantly ALL OF YOU!



8 comments:

Whitney Ellen said...

But I'm actually real life ugly crying right now over here. SOOOO thankful for you, buttercup, and how we just GET each other. I love you SOOOO MUCH, Brookie Pants.

Katie said...

OMG You really just made my day. I've been having a bad week and this meant so much!! Thank you for the kind words my love. Seriously! You're the best.

Katie

Unknown said...

Sweet Post, Brooke! I'm ALSO thankful for all of these: coffee, Starbucks, glitter, mexican, margaritas, boxed wine, football, the SEC

:) You read my mind! xoxo

Amanda* said...

What a sweet heartfelt post!! Thank you for reminding

Sami said...

You are the sweetest, most heartfelt person that I know. I see so much in you that I want to be which is just one of the many reasons why I am glad we found each other in the blog world. I am already looking forward to the day when you, me, whitney can all be in one place and laugh our butts off. I am in tears at my desk because I am so thankful for YOU. Love you soo much and you're a doll for making my day today! xoxoxox

RealDanaGentry said...

LOOOVVVEEE this!!! Aww love it so so much that I am going to be a big fat huge copy cat and copy YOU and do this tomorrow I think ha! Thank you for the sweet words and I am so glad we fell across each other's blogs! Love me some fellow KY girl bloggers :) PS. Why have we not seen each other at church?!?!? XOXOXOXOXOX

Rebecca said...

It is rare that best girlfriends show up in a trio, but I strongly believe that when it works, it just does unconditionally! I'm a lover of Whit myself -- she is pretty fantastic!

Elle Sees said...

I'm doing this every day on my instagram this month. i need to do better and do it every.single.day. and that pup. omgggg cuteness.