Friday, November 16, 2012

Dear Summer...


Dearest Summer,

When I wake up every morning, peek out the window and see frost on the ground, I get really sick to my stomach.

I miss you like the desert misses the rain.

Fall and Winter makes me feel like a big fat slug.



You come around every year. You do silly things like have beautiful weather, hot boys, drinks with umbrellas, lots of patio dining and flip flops.

And then you leave, and sometimes you linger, and give us a tease of 80 degree weather in November - but it's like you forget that we are friends, and you leave me in boot wearing, frosted over cars, scarves everywhere fall.


I am a flip flop wearing, bikini toting, lake loving girl.

I mean look at this:




Can you do me a favor and just speed up a little? Maybe make the winter not so harsh? Maybe come back quicker than usual? That's all I ask - and you know I don't ask much - but I'd really just like to be spending my weekend on a houseboat, drinking fruity drinks - please.

Drunk on a Boat

Who would you like to write a letter to today????

Do you miss summer?

Go link up with Ashley here. She's not only beautiful, but she takes the most amazing pictures, too : )
xoxo,
Brooke

12 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

You can live the summer days through me over in Australia if you like ... Im in Spring about to hit Summer in December :) I had to sit in my uggs sipping hot soup in the Winter and hear about all your hot Summery days over there so its only fair you do the same lol.
Have a great weekend (stay warm!) x

anna lizbeth said...

ahaha love this. especially the last video. xo annalizbeth

Jennifer said...

TOo funny! love it.

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

What?! What I would do for some winter! Down here it feels like summer all year round and that is now fun ): I've never seen snow... & I've never had a cold christmas! Want to switch places for a week? lol Hilarious post btw (; Have an amazing weekend hun <3

xo,
yesi

http://formiamiandlove.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I understand this all too well. Like, it's not even funny. I live in Alaska.

I do love fall. Like September/October fall. Once November comes around, it's a long haul til May.

Sami said...

I miss Summer and I miss you! xoxox Happy Friday lovie!

rachel said...

amen, sister!! everybody is always all "yay fall! scarves! boots!!!! pumpkin spice lattes!" and i feel like the only one in perpetual mourning for 9 months. so sad.

BTW, the pole dance GIF? i cannot stop laughing. out loud, at my desk. i can't. that is one of the greatest things i've ever seen. i needed that so bad.....awesome!

Kiki said...

I am so missing summer. i woke up to ice on my windshield this morning uhhh! i just want it to be summer so i can go to the lake, bonefires, four wheeling where cute clothes and go to fun rodeos!!!

henning love said...

you bet i miss summer already prancing around in shorts, tank tops and bikinis, less clothes for sure!!

Amy Shaughnessy said...

This was hilarious. Especially that last video!

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Helene said...

I am absolutely with you on this!

Ashlyn said...

I miss summer so much. When others were excited to start wearing boots and scarves, I was longing for an Indian Summer with more bikinis, flip flops, and days at the beach.
ugh...winter...