One of my favorite topics in blog land and in pinterest world is hair - mostly because I can't do makeup and I have been blessed with enough hair to make seven Dolly Parton wigs at any given time.
I have always taken care of my hair, have stayed away from heat products other than hair rollers, never took to the flat iron craze, only recently colored my hair for the first time and have always had really long hair (except for that brief moment I'd rather not relive in college when I chopped it off to look like Reese Witherspoon) (sidenote: why do you never look like the picture you take to your hairdresser? Like ever?)
I'm always looking for updos, braids, hairstyles - I typically wash my hair 3 times a week (more on the weekends), use hotrollers on the first day and need something cutesy for the second. (BUT usually you'll catch me in a messy ponytail) Of course. If you follow me on Pinterest, you know that I pin a TON of hairstyles.
When I saw this pin, I just knew I had to try it.
Here goes nothing!
You are in for a treat. I actually washed my hair before these pictures were taken. You start with straight hair (or dirty hot rolled second day hair works too).
Put it into a high ponytail.
Poke a hole right in the middle of the ponytail and loop the hair through. Over the top. Not pulling through completely. And then tightening the ponytail. Times like these I wish I had a photographer. If you click on the pin, it has a great how-to.
Voila!
Hello, updo!
Although, I gotta be honest. I had to take it down halfway to work. I can't stand the feeling of my hair falling down - it didn't stay up just because a) my hair was too clean and b) my hair is too soft. The pin suggests that you use bobbypins to keep it tight and in place, and I'll definitely try that next time!







12 comments:
It turned out to be so cute! Will remember the bobby pins!
I love updos too but I can NEVER do them! I suck at hair! :) looks beautimous on you!
Thank you for linking up woman!
Brookie the hair queen! I can't wait to sashay our big hair around together! xoxo
Love this! It's looks just like the picture!
Looks great!!
Cute. And no one ever looks like the photo because everyone has different hair types, thickness, face shapes, etc. I try so hard trying to find women in photos with as much hair as my own. It's HARD! I am always told that I have a ton of hair.
get out of here!!! that looks amazing!!
Go away with your perfect hair. Who are you?
Oh I love it! Looks great!
Jealous of all that hair! I don't even have enough to make Dolly's eyebrows. ;)
As always..thanks so much for linking up with us this week!! xoxo
So cute! I've only briefly looked at pinterest for hair styles, but now i think i'll have to go digging!
hahahaha, 7 Dolly Parton wigs at any given time... BRILLIANT. I know exactly how you feel. Adore this post, girl. You are too darn cute. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Post a Comment