
My weekend was full of friends, giggles, shopping, food, wine, Kentucky tourism and lots of Joe Diffie.
Friday was spent shopping and munching on pumpkin pecan cheesecake - which I highly recommend!
On Saturday, my girlfriends and I hopped in the car, downloaded Joe Diffie's greatest hits and found our way on an adventure like none other. If you haven't found yourself singing Joe Diffie at the top of your lungs, then you probably should re-assess your weekend. For real.

what is not to love?
We stumbled upon a real life Daniel Boone reenactment. No joke. And took in some more of those covered bridges that we have just found ourselves in love with.
Then we found ourselves on the Back Roads Wine Tour in Northern Kentucky. It was quite the experience. Lots of fun stories - and some good wine and some not so good. It was definitely an evening full of giggles.
Hope your weekend was as great as mine.
While I was shopping on Friday - I received a text message from my friend Gene, that my friend Dwayne had passed away in the night, and he wasn't sure of details. I was stopped in my tracks and spent the rest of the day connecting with my friends, remembering and wanting to know as much as I could. I am thankful for memories like this one, and am thankful for my friends. If you pray, send up a prayer for his family and friends today, if you don't mind. xoxo




11 comments:
Totally have forgotten about Joe Diffee! LOL.
Looks like a super fun weekend!
=)
Brooke
I love covered bridges!
Off to google Joe Diffie.
What's not to love about a man with an early 90s mullet and a wife beater? haha. I love seeing all your Kentucky adventures! I am so sorry for the loss of your friend!
It looks like it was great weekend! That pumpkin pecan cheesecakes needs to be in my belly, like yesterday. I have always wanted to go to a wine tour! How fun!
You are more prettier than Cinderella and you smell like pine needles. And you are my most favorite thing of life. I want wine and punkin cheesecake with you. Meow.
road trip with girlfriends, nothing better! looks like a fun time :)
cute blog!
You have the best friends that you can go on random adventures with.. I miss doing that with my friends! Sorry to hear about your loss.. I know first hand how losing a friend feels and I'm sorry you had to go through that. As always I love you long time girlfran! xoxo
Glad you had such a fun weekend, I loved the pictures and I'm a little jealous I didn't get to experience the weekend with you! lol
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!
Heather @ From Here to There
www.feather10.blogspot.com
Love like such a fun weekend! Who can turn down a road trip with great music and friends!
Xo
what a fun weekend friend!! i love your dress!
OMG I JUST was at the Daniel Boone re-enactment place with Ella on a field trip week before last lol ... it was nuts to see how they lived but kinda neat to experience it for a day! :)
Post a Comment