Thursday, December 27, 2012

2K12 - A Year in Review

When I first started writing this post - I went to my photos to start finding pics for every month.

I thought a month by month review would be the perfect year in review. And then, as it turns out, every pic from the first 2/3 of the year, is a fat pic. Or chubby. And I hated every pic. Every single pic made me cringe.


Twenty twelve has been one of the best years that I can remember. It's been a year full of growth, learning, understanding and most importantly becoming more comfortable in my own skin. Over the past year I've finally come into my own. I'm more 'me' than I have ever been. And quite frankly, I'm proud of the person I've become. 

I rekindled a friendship with two girls who have been the most encouraging, loving friends that I could have ever found. They have shared memories, travels, laughs and trials and tribulations with me over the past year. And I couldn't be more thankful for both of them. From Miami, Savannah, Nashville, our Kentucky travels, the memories are deep.

My blog has grown. I've struggled weekly if blogging is something that I want to continue doing. It's hard. Some days I barely have time to crank out a blog post. Much less comment and read other blogs, but its an outlet that I do love doing. Nevermind the fact that I accidentally deleted all the pics on the blog from June back - but, those were all pics that I didn't really like anyway. 

My body has changed. For the better. Close to 50 pounds have been lost in the past year. 50. You read that right. I learned the way to help my body, I found motivation and self esteem, I learned to be confident in myself, and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to look at myself in the mirror these days. Which is real progress, if we are being honest here.  Now I have a closet full of clothes that I can't wear, but I'm thankful for every piece of clothing and every pound lost.

My relationship with God didn't only get stronger, but it grew, I became more aware of who I am in Christ. And who I want to be. It's a daily process. But, it's something that I look forward to every day. 

It's been a great year, and I can't wait for Twenty Thirteen. I can't wait for memories and blog posts and to learn more about myself. 

I'm so thankful for each and every single one of you who stop by here every single day. Those who comment and those I've made life long friendships with. You keep me sane, you keep reminding me who I am, and you just simply rock my socks off on the daily.

Until tomorrow,
Brooke



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss Brooke! I am still working off the last 7 pounds. I've done it before so I know I can do it again. I would like to invite you to guest post sometime on my blog for Weight Loss Wednesdays. I am sure you have lots of encouraging stories to share. I enjoy your blog a lot. :o) Esther Norine Designs

Sami said...

You are the prettiest sparkle face I've ever seen and I'm just so glad that 2012 brought us together! Can't wait for 2013 adevntures when we WILL meet xoxox

Helene said...

I love this post Brooke. And I am so thankful that you blog, I love reading you. And even though I've only "known" you a short time I think you are truly wonderful. And you have accomplished so much this past year!
cheers!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, sounds like a fabulous year! Would love to have you link up at my 2012 year in review party :)

xo Shane

Unknown said...

Alright Brooke, I want a the dish on how you lost so much weight. I need to lose about 80 pounds to be at my goal weight and I'll be honest finding the motivation to workout and avoid that mound of (insert carb filled item here) has kept me stagnant. I'd love to hear your tips!

Amber said...

Love this! Sounds like 2012 has been amazing for you. 50 pounds is such an accomplishment! I question blogging sometimes too, but it's so fulfilling that I don't know that I'll ever stop. I hope you don't either :)

Brandi said...

You have accomplished so so much! I know 2013 is going to be an amazing year. I am definitely getting back in shape in 2013, I have already started working on it so just need to keep plugging along! I have about 20lbs to lose! Wish it was as easy to lose it as it is to gain it, ha! Anyway, congrats lovely! <3

Meighan said...

congrats on the weight loss! you look fabulous!

ty said...

I'm so proud of my beautiful friend :) love your faceeee

Jordon said...

That is so fabulous!

Unknown said...

50 pounds, how awesome! Congrats on that and what sounds like an awesome year! Bring on 2013!