Friday, December 21, 2012

A Little of This. A Little of That.

I spent last evening pretending that the world was going to end at midnight. Which seemed like a really good decision at the time.

Any bad decisions made yesterday between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. are erased. Which is great for me, but it makes it a little hard to explain this wine headache that I have this morning.

On top of that - the roads were horrible this morning, leaving no time for stopping at McDonald's to get a large Diet Coke. To say that I'm wishing that I had called in sick today is an understatement. But alas, here I am. Spending my morning sipping on coffee and chatting with you, my favorite people. Speaking of favorite people, I have a few newbies around here, and thought today might be best for a little getting to know you post.

I am, without a doubt, a champion shopper. 


I can drink wine on ice, in a tervis tumbler, through a straw. During the day. 
I am afraid I will probably end up a crazy dog lady with my poodles and high heels.



I send selfies to my friends. Saying that I feel tubs.


I eat Mexican food more often than not.


I am, also without a doubt, a black belt in packing for a trip. Takes me less than an hour to throw some stuff together (i.e. everything in my closet) and go. 

I like water. A lot. And not just drinking water, but bodies of water. With boats.


I hate belly buttons more than life itself.


I have a small obsession with shoes. And sequins. And glitter. And Jake Owen.


I save people in my cell phone as their first name, and how I know them. Because I am horrible with names. And acquaintances.

I have lost an insane amount of weight. And I have big hair.

not me.

I believe in snuggling. And the incredible feeling of being little spoon.

If a guy tells me I'm beautiful, pretty, or pays me any sort of compliment, I will get awkward. It's inevitable. 

I do not like snow. Nor do I have a Christmas tree of my own up. 



I believe you should have girlfriends on speed dial to tell you that you are making bad decisions, even if you are going to do them anyway. I also believe in having girlfriends who will high five you and your bad decisions. 

Hope you stick around for a while.
But next time, could you bring a chilled bottle of wine? Ya know, as a gift for the hostess.
A juice box of wine works too.

xoxo,
Brooke


11 comments:

Emily @ {re}discovering home said...

I must admit... I LOVE that Black Box wine! Mmmm!

Merry Christmas!
Emily
re-discoveringhome.blogspot.com

Whitney Ellen said...

Also, we forget our names when guys say not nice things to us.

Meet you tonight with my tervis of vino and your big hairz.

Nadine said...

Do they make juice boxes of wine? That would be pretty awesome, and convenient all at the same time!

The Pink Growl said...

I definitely have my homegirls on my Favorites list to call up when I need split second decision making about possibly bad decisions. I don't always listen...but it does help! haha

Helene said...

oh except you're gooooorg. and i hate belly buttons too. don't tough mine.

you need to tell all your newbs that you are the sweetest person ever. times a million

Jordon said...

I am a total sucker for a little black box of wine poured into a tumbler. Glad I am not the only one :)

ty said...

Belly buttons remind me of bagels.

That is all.

Sami said...

I love that I already knew like 75% of this list I think? You iz pretty princess and not tubs.. not even a little! LOVE YOUZ.

Anonymous said...

You're adorable & I love reading your blog!


Merry Christmas!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I don't have a Christmas tree up either. My hubby is gone until next year and we always get a real one. No way, I was going to do that myself lol

Brandi said...

And here I thought I was the only one with a wine headache today.... I may or may not have drank an entire bottle to myself last night while watching TV with the hubby. Oooops. It was a justincasetheapocolypseisreal drinking sesh. Ha! You are so funny and cute I love following your blog :)