Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Have you Lost Weight?

It's the holiday season, you see old friends, you reconnect with family, run into old boyfriends at the local watering hole, wave at old pals at the UK game. It seems like everywhere I go, lots of people have been asking "have you lost weight?" 

See below - 65 pound difference.
Here is a list of a few common misconceptions I've encountered on my journey:

One
Just because you hid all the fat pics on Facebook, doesn't mean they don't exist. 

I still have complete access to them - and haven't hid them all - just the ones I'm really ashamed of.

Two
Just because you've lost 65 pounds doesn't mean you are a Victoria's Secret model. 


Sister loves her some orchid feathers - and sadly even after all this weight loss, I've come to realize that I will never, ever look like this. In the words of Taylor Swift, like ever.

Three
That basket of chips at the Mexican won't hurt in the grand scheme of things.

Chips & Salsa

It does - I'm a slave to my scales - and trust me, every single time I've sat down and devoured a basket of chips - my scales have shown the difference in the morning. 

Four
You will wake up looking like a supermodel. Like overnight.

                                   
This may coincide with the Vicky's thing - but lets get real.  Things look different after losing that much weight. Real different. 

Five
That sippy cup full of wine is calorie free.

                                      

You could never be more wrong. That cup of wine has more calories that you probably should be ingesting in one evening. It's true - sometimes you gotta drink your dinner.

Got anything to share along these lines? I could use all the help I can get: )

xoxo,
Brooke

17 comments:

Helene said...

haha love this brooke! and you do look fabulous! but i hate that ? have you lost weight. HATE it, especially if i haven't.

Jessica said...

You know, it used to bother me that I didn't look like a VS model. Then I realized two things: A) They are genetically abnormal (literally - most women just aren't that tall with that narrow of a waist or hips) and B) They do some pretty extreme things to look the way they look. As in juice diets (no solids allowed), 8 hour workouts, etc. I wouldn't doubt if there was also some illegal substances being used for some of them too. No thank you! Also, is it so wrong that there are days when I would rather drink my calories in chardonnay than eat a meal? Oops.

Sami said...

You are my favorite pretty princess because you are so amazing and I know how hard you worked for this. You look sooo pretty and I lurve you. XOXO

The Pink Growl said...

YOU LOOK FAB! I have been hitting the wine hard latley without a thought of the calories...hmmmm not smart. Doesn't feel so good to hear people ask you that question??

Brie said...

Congrats girly! I keep stuggling with my weight but I know it needs to change. I hate if I'm having a skinny day and feeling good about myself and then someone walks up and asks if I've lost weight. I'm sorry I don't think that should be a question. I never know how to take it and end up just smiling at the person while I'm thinking about how I could beat them over the head.

ricci said...

This list is awesome!!! Thanks girl!!!

Anonymous said...

haha I love this list! You look great girl!

The Millers said...

You look great! I am so impressed with you!! And I loved all of these, great post.

Amber said...

You look great girl! I just loved this post, so so true. Hard work definitely pays off but it is really a lifestyle change.

Lindsey said...

HA! I love Reza. You look amazing and I'm jealous!!! Tell me your secret. Except I think you may have done a post on this already but I can't remember. MY brain doesn't work.

Meg O. said...

You look awesome! I lost 45 of my 50 baby weight pounds and I still don't really feel normal or skinny, even though I am fairly small. It's weird when you have a big loss and you aren't a supermodel overnight. But again, you look amazing, nonetheless!

Amber said...

Girl, you look amazing!!!

I need one of those wine sippy cups in my life. ASAP.

Unknown said...

Dear Brooke,
I have a tip for you but its pretty lame. There are certain restaurants that are banned from my diet because I know there's not much restraint in me. I can't do mexican, italian, and buffets. Especially the italian. I eat so much bread that I feel the brick in my stomach for hours after. Gross! The other tip I have used is when I'm at a buffet, I stick with either vegetarian choices or paleo choices. That helps me control my calories. I should pray for some form of calorie control but it hasn't happened yet. I do weight loss wednesday's on my blog and I am ALWAYS looking for tips. And I share tips too. Esther Norine Designs

Vanessa said...

WOW- 65 pounds? You are amazing!

I'm getting a head start on my 2013 goals- working hard to be in a healthy weight range.

I agree with everything you posted. Especially the chips and wine!

Another one for me is that calories do, in fact, count on weekends. I used to undo all my hard work over 5 days by being super lazy and indulgent on the weekend. OK, maybe not all of it, but it was definitely a 2 steps forward 1.75 steps back kinda thing.

My favorite workout tip (I know you didn't ask, but I gotta share)- Just get dressed. If you don't feel like working out, get dressed head to toe. Lace up your shoes, everything. If you don't feel like working out after that, then go ahead and get undressed. But most of the time, after all of that, I will at least go for a leisurely walk. I ended up getting some physical activity, even when I felt like doing nothing. Maybe not a full blown workout, but it's better than nothing!

CONGRATS again on the awesome weight loss!

Brandi said...

I love this, and I must say you look great!!! I totally know about the drink your dinner thing. When I first started weight watchers, the first day I ate/drank normally and logged everything at the end of the day so I could see the damage I've been doing to myself. I hit like 47 points. I am only supposed to have 28 per day. Yeahhh those 4 glasses of wine plus 4 servings of pasta are not so healthy! Hard to learn these lessons and I still struggle! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Ashley said...

You look so so good! I've recently started trying to lose some weight. It's hard because I really enjoy food and really hate working out, but I know the end result will be worth it! I'll never look like a VS model, but I can't wait to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Girl you look goooooooooood! That's such a great thing to do and not only do you look great, but I'm sure you feel great as well! Congrats girl.