Friday, December 28, 2012

NYE is Awkward. Or Maybe It's Just Me.

We've all been there. Christmas is over and you think, I've made it through another holiday alone. It's smooth sailing from here. And then, just days later, your friends start talking about New Years Eve plans - and you get that small feeling of anxiety in your throat. You can't really put your finger on it, and then it hits you, New Years Eve without a boyfriend is awkward. New Years Eve with a random date is even more awkward.

Every single year, boyfriend or not, I start to panic a little right around December 27th. You HAVE to have plans for NYE. I mean, even if you don't have plans for the 364 days of the year, you must have plans for that night. Must. It's like gospel.



So this year, my girlfriends and I have decided to throw a party at home. A small gathering of our closest friends. Maybe wear some sequins, eat some food, play some games. Ya know. The usual.



I would not complain if there were some hot looking guys there, though, even if I have no desire to awkwardly kiss one of them at midnight. Unless there is wine involved. And then I'll probably blog on Wednesday about how I'm in love.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about love and NYE. I believe that whatever you are doing on NYE is usually what you are doing for the rest of the year, or something like that. Seriously. But the girls who just got a boyfriend, maybe like a week ago, or even at the beginning of December who are like, "I HAVE to kiss him at midnight, it's fate, otherwise, we will break up and I can blame it all on NYE"




Yeah, blame it on New Years. That's the problem.

I understand that I'm probably the one who is awkward. I know that every girl really wishes they had a guy to kiss on New Years. Sometimes you even end up in tears, drunken tears, that look something like this.




All in all, that is not my intention for this year. I'd rather not start 2013 in tears, or by playing kissy face awkwardly with some guy that I just met.

Unless he has long hair and a beard - and sings country music. If that's the case, don't expect me back blogging in 2013. Some times you have to make sacrifices. I'm sure you'll understand.

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Fun! Definitely save the awkward first kiss for a lamer night. Spending NYE w your real friends!

Helene said...

oh i am with you on this. I kinda dread NYE. but im crossing my fingers you get your boy and be all set.

Alissa said...

NYE is the only night that I'll allow myself to wear sequins, but I can't find anything good for this year!

If you come across a country boy, ask him if he has a brother, and then send that brother my way.

Happy 2013!

Samantha said...

This is SO true. And I agree, all NYEs should be spent in sequins.

Jennifer said...

Definitely true. Although NYE was fun when I was single too. Just girls. Having fun. I think I cried more when I was actually with a boyfriend, LOL. Now, my husband and I just stay home.

The Pink Growl said...

Sequins and wine are a must. Awkwardly kissing a "date" for NYE? ehhh not so much. I'm right there with you this year sister. I am officially stressed about New Years.

Sami said...

I will not kiss an ugly boy on New Years Eve this year... WILL NOT. Now if he's hot that's another story ;) Wish we could dance in sequins and drink champs together on New Years! LOVES.

Rhonda said...

When I was single, I had no problem kissing random boys at midnight! It was fun and harmless. :)

I love NYE, but since I'm going out hardcore tomorrow night for my birthday, I'm staying in on NYE!

Cotton said...

NYE with your girlfriends is the perfect way to ring in the new year! I agree, save the awkward boys for another day!

Amber said...

I agree - NYE can be super awkward because there's so much pressure!! I hope you have a super hot bearded country singin' man to kiss! ;)

Abbey said...

NYE is not my favourite night. All the hype surrounding NYE often leaves you feeling dissapointed. I often stay in with friends and have a mock NYE the weekend after which is always fab!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh that LC one, I die.
...
I hope I don't look like that this new years...

Miranda said...

I'm not going to lie, I'm typically pretty lame on NYE. Maybe I should rethink that though, haha. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower!

Miranda
youngprogress.blogspot.com