Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post Holiday Depression

Welcome back, friends.

If you posted on Monday or Tuesday, I now consider you a blogger overachiever. So thank you for making me look bad.

Although, I spent most of my Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday and Sunday consuming way too many calories. Like more than is humanly possible. I'm a fool for finger foods, and don't forget sweets, and then there's the regular foods for Christmas dinner - throw in a stop at my favorite Mexican restaurant and the scales were not my friend this morning.

Consider this post also known as "Post Holiday Detox". I will be in sunny Miami, Florida the last week in January - laying on the beach, sipping Mai Tai's and working on my tan. Therefore, the workout/detox plan is back in full force.

Santa was good to me. Too good actually. Funny how he knew everything on my list. I guess that letter(s) I sent him was worth my while. Or maybe he reads my blog. Either way, Santa, you are the bomb.com.  This year was the year of the vest - fur, puffy and military vests were all waiting for me under the tree.

The sad thing about the holidays is that when they pass just as quickly as they come - a deep dark depression sets in. So I have no more gifts to open, the trees will be taken down, before you know it the Valentine's day decorations will be out in stores and the lines in the returns aisle will be out the door of almost every single store. So, if you woke up feeling a bit sad this morning, that was probably it.

Personally, I think it was the fact that I was already missing the carbs that I won't be eating in the next month - and the fact that I had to work today. But, we can call it Post Holiday Depression.

I hope Santa was good to you. And I hope that you are well-rested and raring to start a new year.

Come back tomorrow and maybe I will do a recap of the year - and the things I'm looking most forward to in 2013. But that's a little ambitious. Come back tomorrow anyway for more of my rambling.

In the meantime, enjoy the pics.




Spent Friday night caroling.


Tried something new and curled my hair with a curling iron. 






Christmas with my brother and his fam.


My sweet babies.



9 comments:

Meighan said...

Why don't jobs do winter breaks like schools? Everyone needs one... p.s. loooove your hair.

The Pink Growl said...

You are just too adorable for words! I want you to teach me to use hot rollers because I haven't mastered those yet. I definitely ate my fair share of calories the past week too AND I'm PMSing so I just feel all chubby and bloated. Good times! Back to the grind!

Sami said...

My holiday depression started last night and even 10 hours of sleep before work this morning did nothing to help. Can I come to Miami wif you pretty pleaseeee?! LOVES.

Kelly said...

hahaha it sounds like you had a good time! And florida! I wish - I'm stuck in the midwest for the rest of my break! Have fun, and I'd love to hear more about your fitness/eating routine - you look great!

Amber said...

YAY for Santa being a blog reader! :) Your hair looks gorgeous, girl. I'm jealous. I definitely have post holiday depression today. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't at work, boo!

Helene said...

ohh friend I am with you 100% on this.
why are you the cutest girl in the world?
I need to know.

Alisa Marie said...

Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas! I'm totally with you on the whole eating thing, I'm so ready to be done eating junk!!!

Franziska said...

your hair is gorgeous. I don't even bother curling mine anymore because it just does not stay curled.

Anonymous said...

Personally, the post is in fact the most excellent on this impressive topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will keenly look further to your future updates.COMBATING DEPRESSION