Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me
Most of you know - the house that I grew up in was flooded three times in a span of fourteen months - and the worst part is watching someone else live there now. It held so many memories - so many. It was really the house that built me. So many times I've driven by wanting to stop and just stand in the yard.
Zac Brown Band - Goodbye in her Eyes
You know this feeling - you've done everything to make something work - and they get that look in their eyes. That distant, it's over look.
Lee Brice - I Drive Your Truck
Something I've never blogged about - is my cousin Phillip. If you've ever lost a loved one, you know all about this. That one piece of them that just sticks with you - you want to keep it just the way it was when they were alive. I can smell a tube of Chapstick (the original kind) and it makes me weak in the knees. I can see a red Chevy truck - the older model kind - and I wanna follow it and see who is driving it.
Dave Barnes - Mary and Joseph
This song just speaks to me. I'm not all about the traditional Christmas carols - and honestly, I believe that Mary and Joseph were scared to death. Just normal kids. Plus he reminds me a lot of Ray Lamontagne and that I can get behind.
Did you think I'd finish this up without Jake?
Jake Owen - Easy Does It
I'm not sure this should be listed after a song about Mary and Joseph, let's be honest. But, alas, here it is. I saved the best for last. This song has been on serious repeat the last few days. Did you guys see that Jake won Breakthrough Artist of the Year last night? And looked so beautiful in his Willie Nelson t-shirt? I'm glad the rest of the world is finally catching on.
Tell me I'm not alone in this whole music thing. Are there any songs that speak to your soul???
Brooke

9 comments:
Miranda's Over You... Can't even deal. That song speaks to me like she is singing straight to my soul.
Jakey Jakey. Hayyyy.
Miranda always speaks to my soul girl! I saw Jake last night on the ACAs and I thought of you...he was lookin mighty fine!
miranda knows EXACTLY what to say all the time. especially with that song. love it!
love this list. I especially love Zac Brown Band- goodbye in her eyes. so true
House that Built Me gets this girl EVERY time. I drive past my old house now and it brings tears every time knowing someone else is making memories there! How can people seriously not love her? She is fabulous in the most redneck way possible!
Cute blog!
www.lovealwaysnancyj.blogspot.com
Totally... I love this post because I'm the same exact way with music, as most of us are, I think!
Your love of Jake cracks me up! :)
Oh do I ever feel you on the house part!! My fiance and I actually bought a house accross the street from the house where I grew up. My parents had to sell it several years ago as the economy went to the crapper. It's really hard sometimes when I'm a little tipsy to not go over and just take a dip in the pool or peek in the windows just to see my old room or our old kitchen. That song kills me. She sang it at her concert in Dallas and could barely make it through. She was crying...right along with me! :) Love this post!
LOVE these songs! Especially the one about driving his truck--broke my heart. So good!
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
I cry at music all the time. To the point that I'm convinced that I was a musician in my last life, deaf or that I am currently depressed lol.
Post a Comment