When I saw this pin - I knew I had to try them for multiple reasons. Look how sweet and cute they are - and they are peppermint. These were made for me.
Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring.( I highly recommend the gel variety. You can buy it at any craft store. It is much brighter and you can use less)
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions
Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together in another large bowl. Add egg, vanilla, milk, and peppermint extract, and beat until incorporated. Gradually add the dry mixture, beating until combined. Remove half of the mixture from the bowl. Add red food coloring, beating until fully combined. You may have to knead the colored dough a bit to get it mixed thoroughly. On a sheet of waxed paper, roll out dough to form a large rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat this step with the other half of uncolored dough with no food coloring.
Now very carefully, slide the red dough on top of the white dough and slide the parchment paper out. Trim edges if uneven and patch if necessary. Roll dough into a log, creating a swirl effect. NOTE: do not worry if the dough starts to tear a little when you are rolling it. This is normal. Simply mend it with your fingers as you go along.
Now place a generous amount of sprinkes in a shallow dish and roll the cookie dough log firmly over the sprinkles until they stick and its covered. Wrap tightly with saran wrap and place the dough back in the refrigerator and let chill for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the dough into 1/2-inch slices and place on a parchment lined sheet tray about 1-inch apart. Bake for2 10-15 minutes depending on how thick you sliced the cookies.
*this was copied straight from the original
It's also no secret that I'm not a baker. Like legit - I don't cook or bake (for all you dashing young lads reading this thinking you've found Miss Right). But these are so easy, even I could do them.
You guys also know that I love Blue and White (hello, big blue nation) so I decided to mix mine up a little - and make things BLUE!
These were perfect. A little time consuming, but perfect all the same!
Now get to baking!!!
Brooke




15 comments:
wow that looks amazing. Good job!!!
These have always looked so fun and tasty! I like that you used other colors, too!
I want to eat those right now!! yum!
your first line did it for me. long hair, mexican food, cookies, wine. haha!!! Brookie these look great! we be cookie monsters today..
thanks for linking up lady friend<3
I've never seen this linkup before - this looks great, and so do your cookies! I'm a new follower after just finding your blog on Kelly's Thursday Featured Blogs!
Meg
myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com
Those look so cute!! I have pretty much the same vices as you...especially Mexican food. Cannot get enough!
Oh my yum! Those look so yummy and oh so cute! You are to a baker Brookie!
I love the fact you made blue ones!! So cute!
Girl these look SOOO good, great job :)
Yum yum!! I'm doing my Christmas baking this weekend. Hope I'll be as successful as you were!!
Those look so good! And they look just as delicious blue :)
Those look fabulous! I want to try 'em out now :)
Those look fabulous! I want to try 'em out now :)
Wine & mexican food are definitely my "things" too! lol Girl after my own heart!!
Those pinwheel cookies look pretty darn amazing!! Thank you for linking up with us!!
Pretty cookies? I'm all for it!!!
Post a Comment