Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Update - Nashville Edition!

On Friday, my holiday spirit was really lacking. Mr. Weatherman said that the highs for the weekend were going to be somewhere around 65-70, I'm in the midst of planning a surprise party from you know where and my December calendar is getting so full, I'm not sure when I'm going to finish my shopping.

My girlfriends and I loaded up what seemed to be all of our Earthly belongings, piled in the car and headed south to find some cowboys holiday spirit. 

We started Friday night at a low key dinner and drinks at Bound'ry in Mid Town Nashville - and hopped on over to a local bar, Losers for some live music. I didn't take many pictures that night. 


At Losers we hung out with country music singer Andy Griggs. And by hung out, I mean, stood behind him and judged him for singing in a local watering hole and wearing a bandanna. 

Saturday brought lots of good food at Mad Donna's - a shopping excursion at every mall in the metropolitan area - the Rockettes and dinner at City House. 





Our seats were horrible, single girl budgets here, but if you have a chance to see The Rockettes, go - no matter what. It was an amazing production.





Sunday brought breakfast at Fido - a Shrektacular Ice Exhibit at Opryland - a stop at a winery back in Kentucky (of course) and finished with a covered bridge.



































Forgive me for the photo dump.

It was an amazing weekend. But I'm at my desk recovering with my third cup of coffee.

Promise me you'll come back tomorrow for something a little more exciting.

xoxo,
Brooke



14 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Rockette's are AH-Mazing!

Jess Casey said...

This looked like a blast and the food looked like the best part lol!

Whitney Ellen said...

Ooooohhhhh, me wonders if our ICE has Shrek?! If not I'm going to be so jellllly!

She's a big star said...

I'm heading to Nashville tomorrow... busy week for me but I'd love to see the ice exhibit at Opryland while I'm there! Great pics!

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

Ughh I have been dying to go to Nashville! Hopefully soon. How pretty is it during the Holidays?! Your weekend looked so much funnn! Oh and Seeing the Rockettes is definitely on my bucket list!!

Happy Holidays hun <3
Yesi

The Burnside of Life said...

Looks like you had a fun filled weekend! Hope you found your holiday spirit, and by the looks of it, I think you did :) Happy Monday!

julia rose. said...

Cowboys, Shrek, Rockettes, anddd a winery??? Girl- I need to get in on your weekends!!

Helene said...

JEALOUS! this looks like a blast!! I love it! Nashville is one of my favorite places to visit!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Your weekend looks fab.

I love covered bridges. And that poinsetta tree is a great back drop!

Sami said...

The Gaylord ice sculpture thing is SO COOL! I've been to the Gaylord in Orlando and they have alligators there. Ask Whitney. You are pretty! I'm still fascinated by that french toast :)

Just What Jess is Up to said...

Looks like an awesome awesome weekend. I love the Holiday Spirit you were able to find! :)

Ashley said...

How fun! Nashville is one of my favorite cities ever!

Ashley said...

what an awesome weekend!!! I have wanted to see the rockette's forever! and nashville is such a fun time! You look stunning in these pics lately!

Ashley said...

i meant "lady"...but lately works too :)