"I don't like to work out alone"
"I don't have the right clothes"
"I cannot work out with meatheads"
"I'd rather sit on the couch and watch tv"
"I can't afford to join a gym"
I've heard them all. Every single excuse for not working out. I've said them all too. A year ago, I was the one using every one of those complaints. A year ago, I was fat, unhappy with myself, wouldn't look at myself without my clothes on, and just plain miserable.
I'm a huge believer in thirty minutes of physical activity can change your life. Just 30 minutes.
I was one of those that had a gym membership, but didn't wanna go. I was watching tv one day, pinning, and found some exercises that you could do at home - so I tried them. I've never looked back.
I don't work out in a gym. I don't work out with friends. I work out in the comfort of my own home. I can't use the excuse that I don't wanna drive to the gym, or I don't wanna see anyone. I've eliminated every stinking excuse that I could ever use. I can do it while watching tv, or waiting for dinner to cook, or the laundry to finish.
If you are reading this and thinking, I really need to get my butt in gear....I have to agree. What do you have to lose? You don't have thirty minutes to spare to make yourself sweaty?
I don't do the same exercises every single day. Sometimes I run, sometimes I tone, sometimes I do Insanity, sometimes I do a 30 minute ab workout. Someone asked me this weekend what I was doing to get in shape and I said, "everything."
Are there stairs at your work? Why don't you take them sometime?
Why don't you park in the farthest spot from the door?
Why don't you go for a long walk?
Just think, if you start working out today, you can answer the door looking like this:
I know, you are jealous. And have every desire to look like this. And wanna send pics like this to your friends.
And I think I just committed a cardinal sin: selfies to my clique.
Anyway, let me leave you with some motivation, since it really seems to help me.







18 comments:
but here's the thing: you look so freaking cute in your sweaty pic. He probably went gaga over you. And I'm not talking lady.
hahaha I second what Helene said!
Agreed! You look great in that picture considering you just finished working out! Great post!
Love this, thanks for kicking my ass this morning...I needed it!
Elevator boy loved how hot you were, duh. (literally)
PS I see what you did there. You are the bestest, you know why. :)
I love this Brooke!!! You are SUCH a motivation & inspiration to me! I'm hitting the gym today for the first time in months & I'm really excited! Can't wait to feel sweaty again!
You are hott. Also clique? What clique ;) I feel like you are talking to me about how I need to get off my ass! I'm gonna do it, I swear! Today!!!
Wat, what clique?
Those are all amazing excuses. I know, I've used them all (and occasionally still sometimes do) myself.
Thanks for the motivation - I'll need to remind myself of that later on today after work!
you are an inspiration to me too! love all the healthy posts in blogworld lately :)
I love the quote that says, if you look cute at the end of your workout then you didn't go hard enough. SO TRUE! Gotta get sweaty!
When I did go to the gym, people would say, "you don't need to go, you're skinny". Uh does that mean I am fit? NO.
When I am done nursing, I plan to get my Jillian Michaels back on. I love that bitch.
my goal is 30 minutes ... twice a week. Because truth be told, I'm lazy. And would rather watch tv. And I'm going to pay for it in a couple years, I know it
you rock girlie! You will never regret a workout and that is what I always keep in mind as I force myself to the gym! lol! :) You look awesome!
This is great! We work out at home too and love it! I actually have a post coming up about it very soon!!
Hey there I'm a new follower ! I just love the sweaty pic =) and I hope that your recent posts I red can give me the motivation to get more sleep and exercise! I do have 30 minutes, and I was about to write (BUT...) lol Okay! I have 30 minutes!!!! thank you! <3 Christin
What a great motivation post!!
This hit me today, I feel like I needed to read this and that it was directed towards me. Thank you for reminding me of all of these things. No more excuses.
Post a Comment