Running takes a lot of effort for me. I really enjoy it, but truth be told, I'm lazy. I work out every day but for some reason running takes a lot out of me. It could be the lack of calories that I consume in a normal day coupled with the fact that I eat hardly any carbs, but I like to think it's just me being lazy.
I have often wanted to give up and turn around and walk home, or back to my car, or turn off the treadmill and thought, just one more song, but it better be a good one. Are ya with me?
But it's not just on my runs, or while working out, it's also while in the car, sitting at my desk. I have the attention span of a gnat, and it gets worse by the day. I need something to jam to!
Here a few songs that you will find on my playlist at any given moment:
1. Jay-Z and Kanye - Ni**as in Paris (please excuse the name, I didn't write it after all)
This song can may be better known for all you UK fans as the intro music played at a UK game. I'm not mad about it.
2. Miranda Lambert - Mama's Broken Heart
I have been known to tell people before that they need to hide their crazy - and I feel like this is a pretty realistic song for folks from a small town.
3. Esther Brown - Drop It Low
This song immediately makes me want to go to a dance party - or see also makes me wanna run faster. Just listen for five seconds and you'll be hooked.
4. Usher, Ludacris and Lil Jon - Yeah!
This immediately takes me back to my younger days. Dancing is no option when this comes on. Also, why do they still play this in bars and clubs?
5. Nelly, P Diddy and Murphy Lee - Shake Your Tail Feather
Just listen.
6. Jake Owen - 8 Second Ride (or any song, but I just saved you from listing all of his entire albums here)
One of Jakey's first songs and probably one of my favorites - especially to hear at concerts or on the radio.
If I told you that I've never said "I ain't never seen a country boy with tires on his truck this high" I'd be lying.
Download 'em - bookmark 'em - save 'em. Do what you gotta do, but get out there and work out! NO EXCUSES!
xoxo,
B

15 comments:
I am so glad you had Miranda on here! I see her saturday and this got me more in the party mood!
I feel like you'd still run to a slow Jakey song just because you'd be thinking about him and not actually running at all. I don't hate it.
Love all of these! I don't know how into rap you are...but I can really get down on some 2chains these days! And Crime Mob & Wacka Flocka are PERFECT for Cardio!
I gotta listen to gangster rap when I run. It gets me pumped up! Tehre is just something about baby mama songs and songs about pimped out Gucci suits and gator boots makes me wanna run faster.
Girl, me and Yeah have a special relationship. It's super sexual.
Drop it drop it low girl, drop it drop it lowwwww. I hope we dance to this song soon. K THANKS.
Drop it low is my life jam. Like my life. Does that make sense?
Great list. I'm a TV whore when on the treadmill and it has to be trashy or this Mama ain't gonna run.
Thanks for the recommendations! I have been thinking about making a workout playlist lately. I'm tired of leaving it up to whatever random song pops up on Pandora..
Love it! Please tell me you've heard of the song, "Worldwide Choppers." It's my kick-ass and take names jam ;)
we have the same taste in music!!! love it! <3 lol
Great list! Luv N**** in paris, thats my jam cause 'that shit cra' shake ur tail was def a classs, and I sure do luv me some Jake Owen, those owen bros sure are from 1 talented fam! - found you via the link up, come say hi adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com
Great list! Luv N**** in paris, thats my jam cause 'that shit cra' shake ur tail was def a classs, and I sure do luv me some Jake Owen, those owen bros sure are from 1 talented fam! - found you via the link up, come say hi adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com
Great list! Luv N**** in paris, thats my jam cause 'that shit cra' shake ur tail was def a classs, and I sure do luv me some Jake Owen, those owen bros sure are from 1 talented fam! - found you via the link up, come say hi adayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com
Drop It Low is probably one of my favorite songs ever. And I'm not lying when I say that I made my DJ play it at my wedding.
Post a Comment