I'm Sami and I blog at Sami's Shenanigans. Monday to Friday you'll find me rambling about some topic or the other, usually involving Gavin DeGraw, shopping, and GIFs. Somewhere along the lines I found Brooke, we bonded over our mutual love of blogging and sass, and the rest is history.
When Brookie asked me to fill in for her while she's playing Baywatch in Miami I said yes of course. You don't say no to your biffles when they ask nicely, that's just the rules. I can't wait to hear all about her trip and I know she's having a blast!
Anyways, I've been quite the traveler in the past few months, so I've
picked up some tips on how to not be a terrible airplane companion and
I thought I'd share them with you today..
one. Try not to bring your kids. Okay fine I know it
can't always be avoided, but if you do bring them make sure you also
bring duct tape to keep their tiny mouths shut and their tiny legs
from swinging. Just kidding! But please.. try to stop them from
wailing and kicking the back of the seat and everyone will be happier.
I promise you this!
two. I know you want to get comfortable, believe me I
do too. It's also really unfortunate that neither of us can afford
first class and wide glorious seats with lots of leg room. But since
we can't, that doesn't mean you should recline your seat as far as it
will go. You may be making more room for yourself, but you're taking
mine away and that's just rude. Sit straight up like an adult
please!
three. If you have a tiny bladder and insist on knocking back Bloody Mary's like they are going out of style.. by all means please sit in the aisle seat. I love a good Bloody Mary as much as the next yahoo, but I can also hold my liquor for the duration of the flight. If you sit in the window seat and make me awkwardly stand up and shuffle to the side every five minutes? I hate you.
four. Snacks on a plane (not to be confused with Samuel L. Jackson's classic movie "Snakes on a Plane"). I know we all get hungry from time to time, and it's perfectly acceptable to bring something to eat with you on a plane. But please don't let it be something smelly or gross! Not only do I have to sit next to you while you eat it, but I'll most likely have to sit next to the trash that is leftover too. Steer clear of all things with a strong odor!
five. I'm not one to sleep on planes. I have may too much anxiety for that so I usually just read. If you do choose to fall asleep next to someone in a crowded airplane remember not to snore, drool, or talk in your sleep. Not only will you be annoying, but people will also think you're weird and who wants that?
If you steer clear of the five things I just mentioned you should be golden. You'll be every one's favorite airplane companion! Oh, and when your neighbor starts getting nosey and asking too many questions about your life? Bust out the headphones, close your eyes, and tune them out. Works like a charm!
Thanks for having me Brookie.. until next time friends!
xoxo Sami





6 comments:
Brooke, come home. we miss you and are jealous of you're fun life. and I am definitely the girl drinking the bloody mary and then going to the bathroom. whoops.
but no kids on planes. thats the worst.
I'm defintely the girl with the small bladder! Sorry, Sami...I'm still drinking Bloody Mary's : )
...I've only been on a plane once in my life, so you probably won't have to worry about ever sitting by me!
Hope you're having a blast, Brooke!!
Haha! How about sitting next to a family eating Boiled Eggs. Yuck! I still have nightmares...
six. if you're sick DON'T travel... your sneezes and coughs are unnecessary.
And I just snorted out loud reading this...in the lunch room. It was a mess, people were staring...hahaha
Kate
NYTjerseygirl.blogspot.com
Lol Sami is so funny, I can't wait to check out her blog more! I have to admit, I'm a snorer though, I hope that's not a friends dealbreaker. I just won't sit next to her on the place.
Hope you're having fun Brooke!
Post a Comment