Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Lie, Allergies, Eric Church and Jesus

Happy Hump Day!

I'm back for my big reveal. Hopefully none of you lost any sleep over my two truths and a lie. BUT, here's the thing. If you thought number one was a lie, you clearly don't know me. At all. I like sports. A lot. I would fly across the country to watch UK play - and have. I would fly across the country to watch Lebron shoot some hoops for a few hours. I sometimes aspire to be an NBA wife. So the lie was number THREE. I have stayed overnight in the hospital - one time when I was just a little thing. But that was the only time. Hopefully you beauties don't feel too betrayed. : )

My allergies are really kicking my tail today. And yes, I am actually allergic to teddy bears. That wasn't a lie. I'm also allergic to cats. So you will never see me doing this:



Are you disturbed now? Because I am.

Something happier: Eric Church. Have you guys heard his new single Like Jesus Does - if you haven't, I'm going to suggest that you run right now and youtube it and listen to it on repeat. Or find me on Spotify and stalk my Eric Church play list. It's made me think a lot about love and what I'm looking for. I just wanna love somebody like Jesus does. I want that more than anything. So when I blow out those candles on my birthday cake next Monday, that's what I'll be wishing for. Oh, and a house on the beach somewhere...

Jesus. He's my friend. And he should really be your friend too. My church has been having this sermon series on relationships - and not just boyfriend girlfriend stuff, but even friendships and how you treat other people. And the one thing that has really resonated with me has been treating others how you want to be treated. I'm working on this in my daily life, my blog life and in my work life. But most importantly, just remember the next time you get frustrated with someone or you get mad at someone, remember - maybe they are having a bad day - maybe they are allergic to a cat and it's really ruining their Wednesday...

That's all I've got today. I'll be back tomorrow with a hair roller how-to that you don't wanna miss.

Much love,
B

20 comments:

Helene said...

i can't beleive you are allergic to teddy bears. but I am ok that you are allergic to cats.
i still am not a big country music fan. but michael and i listened to some last night and I was diggin' it.

K @ Keeping Up With K... said...

I've been listening to Like Jesus Does over and over and over again for the last week... Sooo good!

Maxine said...

what a good one! I've never heard of anyone being allergic to teddy bears.... oh well, I'm getting off this comment form because there's a woman licking her cat repeatedly and I can't take it anymore.

Samantha said...

I almost put that GIF on my blog post yesterday even though it didn't relate whatsoever. So creepy.

julia rose. said...

LOVE Eric Church so very much. Not as much as I love Jesus though :) Your preacher sounds like a good one!
And I'm really glad you don't lick cats like that...

Kelly said...

Omg, that GIF really is disturbing!

emily marie said...

Love Eric Church and 'Like Jesus Does.' He has some of my most favorite songs.

Jordon said...

I watched the episode of that freakozoid woman last week and wanted to vomit. Eric's new song makes my heart flutter. I normally don't go ga-ga over his stuff, but I am loving this one. So simple!

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

LOVE Eric Church! But mainly his old stuff, so much better.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA oh my hell that's absolutely disgusting.
People honestly do that??

Rachel said...

So what is it about the ole Teddy Bears that you are allergic to? That cat lady..freaking me out!

Whitney Ellen said...

heh heh heh. Kitty licker. Insert dirty mind herezzz.

The Pink Growl said...

Love me some Eric Church! I've been OBSESSED lately with Over When It's Over. Made my boy toy learn how to play it on the guitar for me :)

keepingupwithkristen said...

Love me some Eric Church...that song is definitely one of my new favorites!

That's one of my biggest prayers..to have a heart like Jesus. It def. can be hard sometimes, but I've found that reading my Bible every day definitely helps me make a conscious effort to just be NICER to people..even when they aggravate me : )

And I saw that episode on TLC about the lady who licks her cat. What the heck? Weirdest thing ever.

Lauren said...

That GIF is so embarassing! She should get help!

Staci said...

What have I told you about Mr. Church? Pick a country man & stick with him! You have yours- don't infringe on mine! And that GIF is deeply disturbing. And least have some pride & do that to a puppy, lady.

elle rae-marie said...

@ Whit - Kitty licker you had me cracking up over there.

But really...crazy cat lady, needs to stop!

Vanessa said...

I love that song!

Our church is also doing a series called "Loving People Like God Loves People" and let me tell ya, it's not easy!!

But I try my hardest and start every day brand new =)

She's a big star said...

I honestly can't with that gif... it makes me want to hurl.

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh I saw a preview for that episode where the woman is addicted to cat hair! I literally had to cover my eyes I was so sicked out!