Thursday, March 28, 2013

Saw It. Pinned It. Make Your Mouth Water.

Something has come over me. I can't explain it.

Earlier in the week I was sitting at work and looking at some recipes. And then, I made a grocery list. I stopped at the grocery store. It was like a domestic fairy came and waved her little wand over me and she changed me.

I don't mind it. I don't. It was even kind of therapeutic. So today, I have two recipes for you guys.




Ingredients:
1 - 16 Oz Bag Chocolate Chips
1 - 12 Oz Bag Butterscotch Chips

1 Cup Shelled Spanish Peanuts

Directions:
Melt together Chocolate & Butterscotch chips.
Add peanuts
Drop by spoon onto wax paper
Cool in refrigerator until hardened.

Your materials. I actually have no idea what spanish shelled peanuts are. So dry roasted peanuts work too.


Mix together in bowl and put in microwave. I heated in one minute intervals.



when melted, mix in peanuts.




Put in the refrigerator and then pray someone else eats them all. They are DELICIOUS.

Moving on. So you know Stephanie made some guacamole salsa last week. See here:


And she said that it was maybe the best stuff ever. Or something like that.
Well, she was right.

What you need: 
2 avocados 
1 jalapeno 
1 lb tomatillos (I bought 4 small ones)
1 garlic clove
1/3 bunch of cilantro (I used the squeeze cilantro that you can find at Whole Foods)
salt and pepper

So Steph said to put it all in the blender in this order:
tomatillos, jalapeno, cilantro, avocados, garlic, salt and pepper




The best stuff you've ever put in your mouth. Seriously. And not bad for you. YUMM-O.

Sorry for the longest post ever. But you guys know the drill. Make it and Eat it : )

Link up with Katie and Stephanie!






18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now my mouth is watering because I want both of these things! lol

Rachel said...

So never had guacamole in my life but it looks good ..and the clusters..amazing! I love when my grandmother makes these!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge guac fan. At all. But I kinda wanna try this.

Jenna said...

My mama makes those peanut clusters in her crockpot and they're delicious. Too delicious to attempt to make them myself. And I'm new to guac-loving, but that looks amazing!

Rachel said...

Ummm I'm gonna give you my address and you can just send me some in the mail :) YUM!!!!

Whitney Ellen said...

It's 9 am and all I want is chips, guac and chocolate. Om nom nom nom.

Allison @ Lawfully Lost said...

Delish! Now I'm hungry...

Helene said...

wow 2 for one? you are on a roll. and yum. i want all that in my mouth at one time. not really. but maybe.

Helene said...

wow 2 for one? you are on a roll. and yum. i want all that in my mouth at one time. not really. but maybe.

Katie said...

Now I need to make that salsa so I can be in the cool kids club ;)

Theraputic made me lol. I kind of feel that way too sometimes about cooking/baking. But only sometimes. :) thanks for linking up AGAIN love!

Sami said...

Holy moly this just looks like heaven! I have been practically dreaming about that salsa but I don't have a blender.. wahhhh. I might buy one just so I can make it!

Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

um i am assuming all those things are calorie free. why are you tempting me with this goodness?!

Sara Elizabeth said...

I NEED to make that guacamole salsa soon! Looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Yep, going to try both of those things. I'm off tomorrow so I have all day to make a list and try to be all domestic! Maybe I'll even do some spring cleaning to top the day off!

Faith B said...

Now I'm hungry!! I'm definitely trying both recipes :)

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Dang it, if only I had a blender. Or could cook. Or had spanish shelled peanuts... boo!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Those cluster things look delicious! Thank you for the comment about Spanish nuts. When I read that ingredient, I thought what are those?! ha!
I also need to make the guac salsa for my hubby and my momma. I think they'd like it!

Sarah Alway said...

OK those both look delicious but the guac looks especially amazing!