Monday, April 15, 2013

I Met Twitter Friends.

So before we get started, we are all friends here, right? I mean, this is no judgment zone, right? (This is where you say yes.)

I love the weekends, probably more than I should. There's just something about not having to get up early, but being able to spend time with friends that makes the weekends worth living for. 

Friday night I went to Cincinnati for dinner with a friend, came back to listen to some live music and then made a little live music of my own.





Saturday I went back to Keeneland, did a wine tasting, and then to the Spring Game for UK Football. You are jealous, right?


But here's where no judgment comes in. We are all bloggers and the majority of us have never met in real life, except we all have this incredible friendship-it's kind of the same thing in UK sports land but on twitter. Really. There's this great bond of fans, and I've really gotten to be friends with some great people. So while tailgating on Saturday, I got a message from a twitter friend that they were outside gate 10. So....I met them. A whole bunch of men that I don't know. Completely safe, I'm sure. But really, I knew them all well enough from Twitter to meet up with them. 






It was a great experience and I can't wait to meet up with all of them again.

Sunday was spent at church, a quick lunch, sending snapchats that look like this:



Playing outside with this puppy....


and the most amazing nap I've ever had. 

Hope your weekend was fab and go link up with Sami, NOW!


12 comments:

She's a big star said...

Naps are the best!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!
Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

Jealous of your nap, I had to stop taking them because I never can fall asleep on Sunday nights :(

Helene said...

i am glad you didn't die meeting twitter friends! but looks like you had funnn!

Jillian said...

funny I met someone I know through twitter this weekend too (though I met them through my blog)

Unknown said...

ah, I love this. And don't worry - no judgement. also, I have no idea what snapchat is. clearly I am missing out?

Adrienne @ The Art of Being Black and White said...

SEC (hopefully that stands for University of Kentucky, I'm a die hard LSU fan ;-))!!! Totally no judgement! Football is the bonding ground of all time..Looks like an amazing time!
Adrienne

Lauren said...

so cool that you got to meet up with some twitter friends! Totally safe, no doubt!

Whitney Ellen said...

It's probably a troubling sign that I find nothing wrong with the twitter thing. Or maybe we're just twins.
Also, I received that snapchat, i feel special.

Sami said...

I just love that you met Twitter friends bc that means that you will definitely meet blog friends one day :)

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

How did you like Willie's? I've heard a lot about it but haven't made it out there yet. It's kind of in a weird part of town.

and Yay for Keeneland!

Sarah Alway said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And that's cool that you got meet at Twitter friend IRL.