Friday, April 12, 2013

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Back That Azz Up

So maybe I've taken to only blogging on Mondays and Fridays - but it's fitting that I would blog on my least favorite day of the week and most favorite day.

And if you are judging me for my lack of blogging, you are really going to judge me because today I'm doing two link ups in one. I've become the laziest blogger in history.

I'm linking up with the most beautiful Erin at Two Thirds Hazel for her fun idea of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Won't you join me?



The Good
1. I am a giver. I will work my hardest at saving a relationship or a friendship. I will go the extra mile. I will be the one to keep in touch. I will do anything to make someone smile. And if I know that I've upset someone, I'll do anything to fix it.

2. I am a go-getter. I become obsessed with succeeding. I believe in pushing myself farther than I ever thought possible. I set goals for myself.

3. I am a loyal fan. Having a losing season? I still love you. Write a song that doesn't go to number one on the charts, I'll still buy tix to your concert.



The Bad
1. I may be a great friend. But I let myself get hurt too often. I'm too soft. Too nice. I put too much into stuff and get nothing back. Dealing with this right now actually. I can only be a good friend for so long.

2. I sometimes don't text people back. Not because I don't want to talk to them, but because I'll read the text, walk away, and forget about it. Hours later, I'll text back.

3. I think I have to have a new outfit for every funtivity. I can't have pics of the same outfit.



The Ugly
1. It's a given that 3 days of the week I will look like I was hit by the struggle bus. Really. You'll never see me take pics on those days.

2. I am so awkward. Please don't ever take me into a bar and set me free without liquid courage. But not red wine (it makes me pukey).

3. I set expectations for people that I probably shouldn't - and then get mad at them when they don't meet them.

The saddest part of this whole post - I could write a much longer list for The Ugly. Le sigh.

Groove with me, won't ya?

Little Freak (Feat. Nicki Minaj) [Prod. By Polow Da Don] by Usher on Grooveshark

19 comments:

Jess said...

Brooke, I love your twin dress!

Let me tell you how much I can truly relate. I have been struggling with people being a crapy friend to me... probably since High School. I let myself get hurt too often also. Never getting invited to places, no return phone calls, or people for getting my birthday. My Grams always says if you can count your friends on one hand, you are OK. That is my goal.. still working to get there.

elle rae-marie said...

I can relate with Good 1 and Bad 1 - the struggle!!!
also...I started with the bad and the ugly - thats really bad right?! I sat on the good with empty spaces for wayyyy too long!

The Pink Growl said...

You're adorable! I am a loyal fan too...hello TN football team...gotta root for the home team though! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with friendships. and then I get hurt because I try so hard to keep the friendship and the other person just doesn't care. :\

Allie said...

Here's the deal Lucille.... My uglies would be the same, but your goods outweigh them times infinity! Have a good weekend princess :)

Adrienne @ The Art of Being Black and White said...

You're adorable! I couldn't agree more with the go-getter, I am always pushing myself (which may not work too great for the much needed sleep I seem to be neglecting!), I too am a loyal fan and friend-which sometimes gets me in trouble also! Expectations are blah sometimes! Now following via GFC!! Happy friday!
Adrienne

Maggie said...

I am with you on so many of these it's crazy!
I am so Awkward it hurts, and I am way too nice. I try so hard to be a great friend and to be loyal, and as a result I get walked over all the time. Yuck.
Don't worry about the ugly, girl, you have all kinds of good!!

Helene said...

i just know that I love you and you are so cute and sweet there ain't anything ugly about you! but i am awkward. very awkward.

elle at wishingoodluck said...

I definitely feel you on the setting expectations for other people and then feeling disappointed when tehy don't meet them. And I bet if you're like me, there's no way these people even know about the high expectations you've set for them. I always justify it as wanted or expecting the bset for or of someone. It's not fun though for sure.

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

So after reading this, you and I are preeeeety much the same person. Andre' always tells me that I need to have thicker skin because I put up with too much. It's something I'm working on for sure!

Samantha said...

I feel like I'm reading a post about myself here! Totally put everything I can into relationships, even when they aren't worth it. And I'm one of the shyest people ever, if I don't know you. Liquid Courage and I are best friends in uncomfortable situations!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

LOVE the Chevron dresses! Can I ask where you got them?

Whitney Ellen said...

I love everything about you and thoroughly don't think there is one ugly thing about you - inside or out!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

LOVE the word "funtivity" I will use it I'm sure but I'll give you credit. Also I ride the stuggle bus to work daily.

Allison @ Lawfully Lost said...

Don't worry, we all think we have way more "ugly" than we actually do. Goal: don't be so hard on ourselves!

PinkLouLou said...

Your dress... adorable!!! I want to borrow!! so cute!!

Sami said...

My favorite days of the week are the ones when you post because I luz you. I'm the same way with friends.. I give and give and give until I make myself crazy. I personally think you are a sweet angel face and I've never thought differently.

Sarah Alway said...

Regarding friendships I am exactly the same as you. I've been burned so many times because of this, but I still think it's a good quality!

Brooke said...

Your not alone! I have to get a new outfit for every function too! Why not, you only live one time!

=) Brooke