Friday, April 26, 2013

Things I May Never Understand



Welcome back to another edition of Things I May Never Understand!!

It's Friday - which means one thing. I've been ready for the weekend since Sunday night at 9 p.m.

Let's get started. Shalllll we.

1. I'll never understand why carbs and calories exist. 

If you have been following Ms. Yoga Pants and I you probably know that we have been working out and dieting this week. We are in this together. And if it wasn't for her, I'd be at the Mexican joint waiting on them to open the doors for some chips and salsa.

got curves? i do.
except I really just want to be skinny and fit. 

2. I'll never understand why people say ugly things.

I've never really been one for drama. Not on social media. Not in real life. Last night, one of my Twitter friends from Big Blue Nation (one I haven't met) had someone write ugly things on her Instagram picture. The commenter was upset that she posts pictures of her hair, clothes, scarves....and I'm over here thinking, I mean she should probably be a blogger. I'm assuming that it was a big dose of jealousy but here's the thing, Not everyone airs their dirty laundry via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Just because someone posts selfies of themselves all day long - or posts happy statuses - that doesn't mean that they are ok. We don't know the horrible wars they may be fighting in their own lives. Just be nice to people.

And on that note, here's a selfie for you.


3. I'll never understand why people don't watch this vine over and over.



3.a. I'll never understand how you could not love this picture? The elephant is wearing a hat.



4. I'll never understand why I don't already own this swimsuit.


5. I'll never understand why my hair blows into my lip gloss. Especially when I'm wearing my favorite lip gloss.


 Dazzleglass

Last, but certainly not least, I'll never understand why you aren't backingthatazzup right now.

26 comments:

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I'll meet you for some chips and salsa anytime anywhere. And what is VINE?? I see it all the time but I don't have it yet.

Alena said...

I am that friend that got lit up on Instagram because I apparently brag and boast about my life and looks, etc. Oh well! I don't understand the thing about the lipgloss either. My favorite is MAC boy bait and my hair is always all up in it.

Kiki said...

OMg i feel you if carbs and calories where gone thiswould would be a much happier place!! that swim suit is gorgeous and YOUUU need it my friend!!
Have a fabulous weekend!!
XO

Anonymous said...

That picture of the elephant is adorable! I hate when my hair blows on my lip gloss, it's like the ONLY time my hair ever blows onto my lips. sigh.

Meg O. said...

Seriously. Why oh why do calories exist? Grr. I'm on the crazy healthy fitness train, as well. I've felt amazing these past couple of weeks. But man does some Tex-Mex sound amazing at this point. You got this girl! Keep on truckin!!! And LOL at that vine. Too awesome.

Whitney Ellen said...

"The elephant is wearing a hat"... and I died. Literally, because my abs are so sore from yesterday's work out.

I would not have survived this week without YOU!!!!

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

That vine. I'm laughing so hard that I snorted!

Helene said...

elephant hats!! and you deserve that bikini get it.

Dani said...

I'm visiting from the link up. I love chips and salsa. I too don't understand why there are carbs and calories. And I love the elephant.

Steph G said...

A few things: 1. you rock 2. people just need to be happy and friendly and awesome (they should probably watch kid president) 3. that video just made my day. That's all for now. Happy Friday.

julia rose. said...

that vine... is tooooo much! haha LOVE it.

i want to be skinny, fit, andddd healthy. why is that always too much to ask? because i LIVE for carbs. ugh.

you are beautiful. that is all. love the selfie!

The Pink Growl said...

Calories are the devil. I hate them. I have no idea why they exist. Mexican and margaritas it is!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I'll eat Mexican food with you anytime. You know this. However, I'll also eat a salad with you anytime because it makes my stomach a little flatter and less poochy. I'll take it.

Lauren said...

that VINE is too good! :)

Cayla said...

You are gorgeous lady! Obsessed with the music choice, and pretty sure I don't even count salsa since it's basically veggies ;)

Sarah Alway said...

People can be so mean! Honestly what type of person goes out of their way to leave nasty comments on someone's Instagram? Just don't look at it if it bothers you! Happy Friday chica! :-)

Anonymous said...

elephant wearing a hat! how cute!!

Meighan said...

that bikini is ADORABLE!! good for you and your diet!

Erin said...

I need so many of those bikinis!

Maggie said...

Girl, buy that bikini. It is amazing, plus if you are avoiding chips and salsa, you way more than deserve it.
Thanks for brightening my life with that elephant.

Unknown said...

wait. I love everything about this post. everything. especially that elephant. too amazing

Kalyn P said...

Elephants in hats can always brighten my day. And go you for sticking to your workout plan!

Life by Liz said...

I just found your blog today and I'm so glad I did!! And don't worry, I'm almost positive carbs actually aren't real :)

Life by Liz said...

I just found your blog today and I'm so glad I did!! And don't worry, I'm almost positive carbs actually aren't real :)

Courtney said...

I really enjoyed this post and your blog in general! I think it speaks to all types of girls and your story is inspirational. Keep it up!

Ginny Williams said...

I agree. I have no clue why people act so ugly nowadays. You see it so much on FB etc. Thank God for the hide button. I made sure that my blog wouldn't have negative energy. I don't want to be a part of that either.

The way you treat others in life is a great reflection on you as a person. It says more about you than anything else!