Thursday, April 25, 2013

Those Tough Questions

I know I left you guys with a really heavy post and then didn't even come back on Tuesday to cheer you up. Sometimes life gets in the way. I'm sure you managed to find some other good reads to cheer you up.

I've been struggling with blog topics lately - I have lots rolling around in my noggin and lots of drafts just waiting for me to hit publish - but I'm not ready for that just yet.

This little lady:
started asking herself the tough questions, I loved her answers, her realness, and I thought this might be a great way for you guys to get to know more about me. And for me to learn a little about myself.


1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?
This is a great question. I was just talking about regrets last night with an old friend from high school. I would have been more bold throughout life. I wouldn't have let that guy slip away. I would have said I love you more. I would have went to grad school. I would have loved myself like I do now. 



2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In a new city with new challenges. Hopefully learning more about myself every day. Happy. 



3. Do you honestly want kids?
I really do. My cousin, Sabrina, who I believe is a God-send, shares her children with me. 12 and 3 and they call me Aunt Brooke and it's the best thing of my life. I want babies. Do I want them right now? No. But I do. I love kids. 



4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?
Like Erin, I believe in having a lot of best moments. I could say that the best moments are sitting around with my girlfriends in Chuys, or going on a drive with my dad, or doing a wine tasting with my mom, or shopping with my grandma, snuggling with the 12 year old who doesn't ever snuggle, weekends on the lake, moments alone with God. I like living life to the fullest. Living fearlessly. 



5. What is your life theme song?
There are too many to list. I like to think my life is a lot like a country song. 

6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?
Make my momma proud.



7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?
To be able to light up a room with my smile, to make people happy, and for my hair. (I'm a little vain).





8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be?
I would fly to Miami and spend a week on the beach watching the playoffs with my best friends - I'd go to Greece - I'd take my mom to Europe. I'd spend a month in Haiti loving on babies. 



9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life?
Death. My cousin, uncles, best friend, friends, grandparents. I'm no stranger to it. It's one of the hardest things to understand, to process. But it's made me who I am today and I'm really thankful for that.



10. Summarize yourself in one word.
Resilient.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

You really are a beautiful person! I loved your answers and I'm positive you've already made your momma proud at least a few times in your life :)

The Pink Growl said...

Resilient is an amazing word to describe you! Love this post!

Allie said...

Brooke I just love you. And tears just streamed down my face when you said you wanna make your momma proud. Honey I'm sure you do every single day! And the lighting up a room with your smile thing? You light up my snap chat all the time, so that one is a given!

Steph G said...

Resilient is a great word. I think you are just awesome. I bet you make your mom proud more often than you know.

Whitney Ellen said...

You want to know what is not a best moment of your life (or mine)? Bananas and milk.

I love you soooo many.

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I'm loving your dresses, esp. the dress in item one and the leopard print :)

Sarah Alway said...

Thanks for sharing all of this! It's fun to get to know you better.

Bri said...

Great post...and a great way to really get to know someone..I may have to give you the awesome credit of my revealing post one day ;) One of your newest followers and glad to be.

Jenna said...

I love that you chose resilient as your word - what an awesome thought. And I'm totally with you on the hair -- it's my favorite feature. Rock on.