Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Probably Won't Listen

Why hello there, old friend.

The blog every day in May challenge has been a great one. No, I haven't participated fully - or really very much at all - but I have loved some of the topics.


Life has been really good to me. I'll be the first to admit that. I've learned a lot of lessons - some of them the hard way. But I like to think that's what has made me who I am. Things I've learned that school won't teach me...

* Smiling is a lot easier than frowning. Always.

* Sometimes the best you have isn't enough. 

* Love with all your heart. Even when it hurts.

* Someone will love you with everything inside of them. And you'll break their heart.

* Even your parents will hurt you. But you love them anyway.

* Death is all too real. 

* You will do things that you will regret.  But those memories won't ever leave you.

* Even when you do everything for someone, they won't return the favor.

* Laughing is good for the soul.

* Girlfriends are good.

* Someone will have something that you want. Even big boobs. 

* Jealousy will make you do crazy things.

* Wine is delicious.

* You'll wish you'd followed your dreams.

* You'll schedule an appointment with a plastic surgeon and cancel it twice. But then you'll go and you'll never regret it.

* Running is therapy. Do it every day.

* Don't eat everything. Even if you want Mexican every day.

* Sometimes he just won't be into you.

* You'll fall in love with a guy that you can't even take home to mom.

* Do things that make your heart race.

15 comments:

Sami said...

I love when Brookieface blogs :) All of these are good things and you are so right.. You're so smart!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Do things that make your heart race...YES.

Great list!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. Love x's a lot.

Whitney Ellen said...

You're my soul sister. but I know you know that.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I need to work on the not eating everything part. But I have "wine is delicious" down pat.

Rachel said...

LOVE this. I could've written most of these...totally agree with you. "Do things that make your heart race"...what an amazing motto for life?! You are the best.

Sarah Alway said...

I remember reading once that it takes like ten times the facial muscles to frown as it does to smile. :-)

Sarah @ Life As Always

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Love this post :)

Aleshea said...

Girl, come teach my bestfriend ALL of these. I give you permission

The Pink Growl said...

Love your lessons!

Unknown said...

"Do things that make your heart race" - Love that! :)

Unknown said...

Where were you on Tuesday when I needed the advice about not eating everything... darn you Taco Tuesday and your delicious temptations. Two other tidbits you shared that hit home for me: you'll wish you'd followed your dreams and girlfriends are good. I'm learning it's never to late to swing for the fence even if you are knock knock knocking at 30's door. Thus, the blog http://smilingrunningshoes.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Love your advice! So great!

Julie said...

I love love love this!
And YES : Do Things that make your heart race!

Ginny Williams said...

"You will do things that you will regret. But those memories won't ever leave you."

That is the one that struck a cord the most. I've learned so many hard things over the last 5 years. I got had a big incident that happened to me 4 years ago and I got into some trouble, I also failed out of nursing school (i can't wait to blog about that). Those are the two biggies.

But my path changed for the better because of these things. I wouldn't be blogging here if those things didn't happen.

Life is so strange sometimes but it's a learning process.

Thanks for this reminder :)