Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I've Got Goals.

I told you ladies and gents last week that I had been privy to a new number on the scales.

And I couldn't even really be happy about it. Here's the thing. I don't think I'll ever be truly happy with my weight or with the way I look. It's just the way it is.

I started back on my super strict diet yesterday and woke up expecting the scales to say 99 pounds today. It didn't which was depressing. But the good thing is I was looking for some strict motivation. 
You have to go and get it

I found it on Sunday. I found the motivation that my soul had actually been searching for. The sun was shining and while it wasn't much warmer than 70 degrees out - my body and mind needed some Vitamin D. So I threw on the bikini - the one I had purchased for my January trip to Miami (the one in which I was at my lowest weight ever) - and something happened. I didn't exactly look the way I did when I was in Miami.



Now - do not get me wrong. I never thought I was a Vicky's model in Miami. I knew I wasn't. But, I was proud of the way that I looked. After all, I had worked really hard to get there. But, I had slacked off in a big way. Chuy's had taken over my life and I've been drinking more beer - and that cute little bikini that I just had to have - well, didn't look so cute anymore.


Yup.
I hadn't really gained any weight. Because the scales told me the same thing that they'd been saying for a while. I had actually lost weight and was really close (like .5 pounds) to my Miami weight. It's just things didn't look the way they used to.

So while laying there dreaming of chips/salsa/sangria - I decided some things. I had a goal and somehow I had lost sight of it. I don't know why. I guess life got in the way. Or feelings. Or depression or the funk that I had been in. But I had also promised myself something when I got to my goal weight. 

Need to keep this in mind!

I don't talk a lot about it here - but after I lost all that weight everything went back to the way it should, which is a small miracle really - I read a lot of blogs about how they deal with extra skin and things not looking right. I didn't have that problem. Everything did what I wanted it to. Except my chest. I promised myself when I hit my goal weight I'd get a boob job. But I HAVE to hit my goal weight. 

Weight lose is like driving

What am I going to do about these goals? I'm going to work my butt off - like I've never worked my butt off before. I'm going to hit my goal weight and then I'm going to book another appointment with a plastic surgeon. And then, I'm going to buy myself lots of dresses. Just because, no explanation needed really. 


13 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Good for you girl! I had that same issue after putting on a bathing suit over the weekend. Except unlike you, I've actually gained several pounds - more like about 20-25 away from my goal weight now. Ugh so depressing!

Samantha said...

You can do it!!

Jennifer said...

keep pushing!! i've been losing sight of my goals lately, too. it's hard when the scale isn't moving as fast as it was before!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I love your determination!! Good luck!

Helene said...

Brooke, you have to know you are inspirational. I know it's so easy to get down on yourself but you are anazing! And I love you for that!!

Sarah Alway said...

Just keep up your positive attitude, and I know you can do it! And I love how you're committed to doing it the right way, through healthy eating and exercise. :-)

Sarah @ Life As Always

Sami said...

Brookieface you can do it, I just know it. You'll be kicking butt in no time and I will be SO excited for your goal weight reward! Speaking of.. I think I should probably make one for myself.. although my idea of a good reward might be different in like 17 years when I reach it haha.

Katie said...

hey girl-first-you are doing so great! two..you do NOT need to be 99 lbs. in fact you would look terrible at 99 lbs! I agree with the scale thing though...honestly I don't ever weigh myself anymore! when you lift weights and get stronger your #s may go up-so try not to pay attention to it as much as you'd like to! I'm SO excited for you and your goals though :) I love how motivated you are-I'm sure you get that all the time!

Meighan said...

you've go this girl! keep your head up. :)

Gwen said...

Motivation comes in so many different forms. You're awesome - love this post!

Lauren said...

Good luck! I know you are working hard! :)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Keep on pushing girlfriend! You will get there! :)

Bri said...

This motivates me as well!! It's an amazing feeling :) You go girly!