Friday, May 31, 2013

They Play Bad Music at NBA Games

Picture this. You are sitting at Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals - and you are RIGHT BEHIND THE PACERS BENCH. You've been to NBA games before but most of them have been a haze. You have to remind yourself to act like you've been here before. The last thing you need is to be talked about on Twitter as the girl behind the Pacers bench who is acting a fool.

those men in yellow shirts - those are Pacers. They are large.

Maybe it was the contact buzz that I was getting off the sweat of the NBA players, or maybe it was the excitement to be sitting next to my best friend, or MAYBE it was the fact that I was in Indiana - but something hit me. They started playing these songs. I knew I had heard them before. Where? Jock Jams.

Don't get me wrong. I love Jock Jams. I performed many dance routines to it in MIDDLE SCHOOL.


Then there was Game 4. 
disclaimer: yes, i have tickets to game 6. yes, they are just as good. yes, i need a date.


I was in the middle of yelling my heart out. Really. Like screaming at the top of my lungs. And this song came on. Now I'm not asking for much - I'm just asking for a few recent songs. That's it, NBA. That's all I'm asking for.


Oh - and a few fireworks. 


but preferably none of these kinda fireworks.

Birdman Pushes Tyler Hansbrough (Animated GIF)

Linking up with Sarah and Whitney today.


13 comments:

Ginny Williams said...

Hey Brooke, Haha I love that you added Tootsie Roll because that was SOOOO the song I was thinking of when I think of NBA games. Haha! I've never been to an NBA game come to think of it.

Love your blog girl! Have a good weekend.
Ginny :)
(www.buttergirldiaries.com)

Erin said...

Omgg I Was SO TICKED about the Tyler v. Birdman thing last night-- he should have been thrown out! GAG!!

We have tix for Saturday tooo!! I need to know how/why you are going to every game :) Whats your connection ma'am!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

HOW ARE YOU GETTING THESE INCREDIBLE TICKETS TO THE PLAYOFFS?!?!??!?!!?

I'd enjoy some jock jams right now, personally. Let's get ready to ruuuummmmbbblleeeeeeee

Yesi @ Plan With Yesii said...

Miami Heat fan overrrr heree! Bird man is my boyfrienddd. & even though that was a stupid call from him in yesterdays game, I must say that seeing him riled up & angry like that is kinda sexy! Hope you had fun! Game 6 is ours baby =p teeeheee.

BREI said...

I just don't get the need for fireworks indoors! Drives me nuts!

She's a big star said...

Never mind the music, can we just talk about your seats?! Bad ass!!

Sami said...

I obviously don't pay attention, like ever.. because I had no idea that Birdman played for the Heat now. I guess that means he isn't running around the Denver strip clubs naked anymore ;)

ty said...

Admittedly, I love ALL of these songs!

*BAM83* said...

I have only been reading your blog for a couple of weeks. I love it! But I was so excited when I read your post today because I had no idea you were a PACERS fan! I live in Indianapolis and LOVE the Pacers and would love to meet sometime. If anything email me and I can tell you about some really cool bars to go to downtown before or after the game.
bethmuhlenkamp@gmail.com

Gwen said...

Um, awesome. I've never been to an NBA game but I've been lucky enough to have some great seats for Ohio State football and basketball.

Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

fireworks?? inside??

I would think that is a bad idea!!

Sarah Alway said...

Oh my gosh... Jock Jams! I totally used to do cheerleading routines to those in high school, LOL. Funny that's what they were playing at the game.

Sarah @ Life As Always

Unknown said...

Hi there.
I was blog hopping when I saw your blog and I LOVED it.
My blog- loveyourdelhi.blogspot.in
Can we follow each other?
Anyways, there seems to be some problem with the 'Followers gadget'.
It's saying that there's some problem and wants the user to return later.
Great blog again!