If you were coming here for a Valentine's Day recap, then I hate to disappoint. Here is the shortened version:
We had a fabulous weekend full of the sweetest things ever. He took me to the place of our first date, where we both were certain that there was just something different about each other. He wore a tie and dress pants and dress shoes and a vest which is much different than his usual boots and camo attire (which I love equally). We ate mexican food and watched UK get beat and we did really sappy, lovey dovey things, and we got lost intentionally on some back roads yesterday. I could not have asked for a better weekend. Seriously.
Moving on. You see. This time last year I was in the best shape of my life. Seriously. I had just gotten home from Miami and I was working out every single day. Every day. I was eating like a crazed dieting person with an eating disorder and I was in seriously the best shape of my life. Nothing jiggled. Ever. I wore a bathing suit and didn't even flinch about it. That's never happened to me. I know exactly what I weighed. 148. A size six. Which I know you are thinking is a lot. But that was muscle and tone and where I felt really comfortable. Would I have wanted to weigh less? Yes, of course, I AM A GIRL. But I was really happy.
I've blogged about my weight loss journey a lot on here. Because ultimately I want to inspire someone. Over the last year, I didn't work out as much as I should have. I worked probably 4 days a week through the summer and into the beginning of September. But then I met Taylor. And I got really, really just in love and really happy.
So here we are five months into our relationship and we eat. We both love food. We like planning our evenings together and cooking together and eating together. But the thing also is that we like our evenings together meaning we don't really work out. Like if we make it to the gym twice a week we are high fiving each other and stuff. So yesterday I woke up and looked in the mirror and thought HOL-Y SHIT. My thighs jiggle. When did that happen to me again?
I weighed myself and I weigh 150. 2 pounds gained but I've lost a lot of that tone. WHY CAN'T MUSCLES JUST STAY TONED?
So, I'm on a mission again. I woke up this morning and made myself a protein shake, packed my gym clothes and I'm ready. I'm gonna get back in shape. Summer is just around the bend. Would I like to lose about 20 pounds? Yes. Like legit get off my body, thigh jiggles.
But I also wanna be toned again. So I'm gonna be back in the gym working on my fitness. You're my witness.
I need y'all for support and to hold me accountable. Until next time, I'll be dreaming of cupcakes and queso.
xoxo,
Brooke


11 comments:
You can do it!!!!! :]
Good for you!! I grabbed my gym bag this morning too & am going straight to the gym after work. If I take a pit-stop at the house or anything, I never make it to the gym. Matt & I made a deal over the weekend that no excuses... we're getting back at it! Good luck Brooke... You can do it!!
No matter how good of shape I'm in, my thighs have always jiggled. Always - even in high school. Inner thigh flab just never leaves me. However, get back on that gym horsey girl. Just don't be so set on it that you don't allow yourself to live a little ;) Lub you!
I'm with you , sister! Apparently marriage has made me give up all healthy habits I once had--I've eaten like crazy the past few weeks! And what's sad is the changes I've noticed so quickly--not sleeping well, broken out face, jiggles everywhere. Gotta get back on that healthy train. We can do it :)
He cleans up nicely!! You guys are so cute! Maybe we'll run into you in around town! :)
Get it girly! That was me after I shoved the last Christmas cookie down my throat. Working for that rock hard body ;) Together we can do it!
They say weight gain is healthy in a new relationship :) If only it was as fun getting it off as it was putting it on.
Well I just have to tell you that your weight loss journey has been one that inspired me, so job well done muffin <3
Yes what a great post! After all the eating this weekend and really throughout this winter...and the accessibility to wearing stretch pants every night I agree...gym time needs to get back up to the top of my list!
girl i always look at your fb pics and think you look so pretty!! but i get wanting to be in a certain place. i'm headed to the beach in 37 days and i am on a mission too!
girl we can help keep each other accountable! I definitely need that too!
Post a Comment