Friday, February 14, 2014

Why We Work...

First things first, let me be the millionth person to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day!

It's no secret that I love love a lot. I buy into the whole Hallmark idea of love - the one where you must buy chocolates and dress up and spend way too much money just to let each other know that you do, in fact, love each other.

Our love story is short but sweet. We are coming up quickly on five months and there isn't a second that goes by that I don't miss him, when he isn't around. That's why I just had to link up with Tay and Bon
We work because...

he loves me even when I am grouchy.

he tells me to stand up for myself and to not let people walk all over me.


he loves camo as much as he loves me.

he reminds me that I am beautiful in his eyes.

he does things that are selfless for me. Like start the car in subzero temps.

he lets me love him. even when I'm really bad at showing it.

he tells me that I'm a good cook, even when I'm not so sure he likes what I made.


he meets me for breakfast at 7 a.m.

I can look up and see him smiling at me, even when he knows I may not see it.

he lets me take group selfies.


he knows that I love wine and encourages me to have a glass.

he has a beard.

he sacrificed his hate for the telephone to talk to me every single night when I was in San Diego.

he is my biggest fan, and lets me be his biggest cheerleader.

he does not judge my love of Mexican food.

he takes me to see the shelter dogs. And wipes away my tears when I cry that they have to sleep alone.

he loves my friends, well most of them, even when I know he is mostly overwhelmed in their presence.

but most of all, he is everything I prayed for and more. And I have to be honest, he planned a darn good Valentine's day.

I know this isn't exactly backing the booty up with Whitney (isn't her love story with Bear and Sir the cutest thing ever?) but this song is pretty special and kinda mushy and a little perfect for today.

Gotta run, gotta go watch the singing telegram of a quartet of older ladies sing the song above to my boyfriend at his work.
Best.Girlfriend.Ever.

xoxo,
B

6 comments:

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I love reading all these posts today! So sweet he sounds like a wonderful man! Hope you have a fabulous day!

~Amanda
Meet @ the Barre

Allie said...

"he has a beard" haha love that part! Having a beard is so important. Love you Brookie and so glad you have an awesome guy like that!

Jessica said...

Did you really do a singing quartet? OMG. Love it. Happy V-Day!

She's a big star said...

Oh my goodness, you went through with the singing telegram?! Haha, awesome!!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Aww so happy that you are SOOO happy!!! Happy Valentine's to you!!

Definitely Sarah B. said...

So happy for you sweet girl!