I live for live music.
Like, would travel around listening to live music, be a groupie, wear a braid in my hair, live the good life kinda thing.
I love it even more when I actually KNOW someone in a band.
For a while now, I knew that an acquaintance in college was part of a band. We were friends on Facebook. I'd seen him play a couple of times. Youtubed them. Loved them.
A few weeks ago, after liking them on Facebook here, he invited me (and all of his Facebook friends) to their CD release party.
So, I thought about it, a lot, was dying to go, Saturday rolled around and I threw out the idea of going to my girlfriends.
Now, Redmon's, a local establishment, is not somewhere you would typically find us these days, but that didn't stop us. We waited in line just like any ole groupie. Sang to the music while we waited outside. And finally got in to buy a lovely CD, hear some great music and sing to the top of our lungs like we were 21 again.
Go like them on Facebook, check out their music, and check out their video. I love some hometown boys, and wanna see them go far.
Enjoy!!


1 comment:
I know him too :)
Post a Comment