Monday, June 4, 2012

What I learned this weekend...

Okay, so I'm not good at consistently blogging.

You know this. I do great for days, weeks, months, and then suddenly I hit a brain freeze and I can't think of anything to blog about, get frustrated with blogging in general and get overwhelmed.

I know, I stink at being a blogger. I've accepted it.

The past two weeks have been a WHIRLWIND. For real. Moved. In with my parents. Weekend long lake trip. Giggled about the weekend long lake trip. Cleaned the old house. Organized my goodies at my parents. Tried out a new restaurant. Toured a cave. Faced my fears. Worked out. Earned sore abs. Got the sweetest comment on my blog. And spent some much needed time with my girlfriends.

This weekend I learned that the Insanity workout never gets easier. No matter how many times you've done it. Your muscles get sore. You try to talk yourself out of doing it. It stinks. But the results are great.

I learned that floating here:



Is not like floating here:



I learned that I own entirely too many things.

I learned that living with your parents isn't all that bad.

I learned that this group of people can give you the giggles for weeks:



I learned that Mammoth Cave is 365 miles long - and one of the most beautiful creations in nature. It's amazing.



I am incredibly afraid of heights. But, I conquered a fear and rode this slide this weekend:





I started doing this ab workout with some great bloggers:

Which you can find here.



Just when I thought I wasn't sure about blogging anymore, I get this comment out of the blue:

Cheezits. I LOVE them. Dangit. Love your blog. You're gorgeous! on Friday Letters
on 6/3/12
 


Now, of course I love that she says I'm gorgeous but that's not the reason I'm posting this. I'm posting it becuase even when I don't blog regularly, someone says they love my blog. That's why I keep it up.

I learned that this new restaurant in Lexington, Shakespeare and Co, is absolutely delicious:

Check out their website here and if you are in town definitely go check it out!

Cute and quaint and fun menus to boot.



That's all for now, girls!

Happy Monday!
Brooke


5 comments:

Alissa said...

I've been wanting to try Insanity! I think I'm going to do it. I go to the gym, but it's not enough...

And Mean Abs June, too. Starting today.

You've inspired me!

Kristin said...

I'm doing Mean Abs June too. I'm pretty skeptical about it! I, too, think your blog is super cute :)

Ashley said...

that cave looks SO scary but pretty!!

and i made the SAME discovery this weekend about owning too much. NEED to clean out!!!

Jessica said...

I love your blog and think that you are just so sweet - don't stop! I do know what you mean though...There are days where I just don't know what to write and don't feel like anything I have to share is worth sharing! But, I have a feeling we all feel that way sometimes. Don't let it get you down!

Michelle said...

That cave is HUGE! And so pretty.