Thursday, August 2, 2012

Inspire Me: Healthy

All In My Twenties

Hello, love bugs.

I've talked about weight a lot here on my blog. I struggle almost daily. Because I do have a goal 'look' not necessarily a weight, I just want to look healthy, toned, fit and sexy. Y'know, what every girl wants, right?

This link up just seemed perfect for me.

I was feeling super ambitious this morning. Took a picture of myself thinking "I will post this picture and show everyone how I look, I am woman, hear me roar." But. Now. As I'm blogging, I've actually lost the mojo. Hate when that happens.

I've struggled my entire life. My self-esteem is directly related to those struggles. I think things like "people would like me more if I was skinnier, had perkier boobs, could wear a size 4" and I find myself sometimes eating my feelings.


This is gross.  (Mid July in Miami)

Everything changed on Monday. I will be 30 in February. THIRTY. 

I will not look like this when I'm 30. I promise you that. I will be skinny, tan, fit, sexy. 

I will work out 4-5 days a week. (already ran and bicycled for 4 this week.) 

I will eat better. I will not eat Mexican more than once a week.

I will make better choices. I will not snack just to be snacking. 

I will run a half marathon.


I will NOT look like this anymore.

(I made it small so that it wouldn't look so bad).

EEK.

I don't weigh myself, because it became an obsession for a while, but hopefully I can post results next week.

If I end up looking like Mila Kunis after this is all said and done, I'll have Kristin and Raven to thank : )

xoxo,
Brooke




18 comments:

Jessica said...

You can do it, Brooke! You are beautiful just the way you are, but I am ALL for you getting fit to feel good about yourself - there's no better reason to do it:) Don't worry about turning 30. It's just a number after all! I have a feeling that 30 will be your best year yet!

Katie said...

Aw this is awesome Brooke! you can do it!!!! :)

Thank you for sponsoring girl!

P!nky said...

YOU GOT THIS GIRLIE!!!!

I will be 30 next year and want to be in the best shape ever!

Keep at it and you will rock it out!

cheering for you!

xoxo

Kenj said...

Haha girl you will look.like Milan kunis! You got the fire in you!! Go you!!

Nikki said...

Girl you can do anything you put your mind to! I went from 230 to 158 and I am holding strong! Keep setting goals for yourself and you will get there!

Jordan said...

Running a half marathon sounds scary to me. I just registered for my first 5k so I will start there haha. Good luck with your journey and I'll probably stop by again next Thursday!

Traci said...

You CAN do it!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Girlfriend SO many women struggle just like you including myself! We just werent blessed with those "skinny genes" but you know what?! Together we will make it happen! I have no doubt that commitment, eating right and time will make your goals reachable! And the best part, is that we are all here to do it with you!!

PS YOU ARE NOT GROSS! So get out of town with that talk Missy!!

Cant wait to see your update next week!

-Kristen

Amy said...

You go girl! I feel the same way, I have a goal look/feel, not a goal weight. I've always weighed a lot (thank's Mom for the ginormous boobs), so I just kind of had to accept that I'm never going to love that number on the scale. So over that, now trying to just work on feeling great in my skin. I want to run a half marathon too! Hopefully we both get there!! Actually, we WILL.

Shannon Page said...

This link up is so fantastic!! Good for you:) Mexican is my weakness too! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see you hit your goal!!

JMc said...

Keep up the great work! Btw, you totally do not look gross in that pic. Cheers to us all getting healthy together!

Liz said...

"I will not eat Mexican more than once a week" Can you hold me accountable to that??? Can't wait to follow your journey!! You've got this!!

Bethany said...

Found you on the link-up! Girl, you are beautiful! Nothing gross about you at all! I'm looking forward to reading updates about your journey! With all this support this link-up is providing it's going to be hard to fail! :)

Amy S said...

I agree with each and everyone of the ladies that posted before me! we are always our own worst critic! you are beautiful! and I admire that YOU ARe making a change before a big event in your life! :)
Good for YOU!
we are all here for you! you can do it!

Erin said...

I love your motivation and enthusiasm! I haven't been to the gym all week (I had a minor skin issue and didn't want to sweat and cause infection so I've taken a few days off) but once you start going it truly is contagious! Last week I ran 8 min straight and I couldn't believe that just two weeks before that I couldn't even run 30 seconds! Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey!

Sami said...

Okay so A. There is no way in the world you are turning 30!! You are gorg and don't look a day over 22, swear! B. I am really trying to be good too! I love this link-up because it is so inspiring although you are way braver than I.. I delete my unflattering pics so that nobody ever sees them haha.

hklover86 said...

i had this type of "epiphany" if you will later last year. An upcoming vacation to portugal was a big part in it. It was something I had dreamed of since i was a teenager and i didn't want to look back at my pictures and think wow i look disgusting. So I really got myself together. Stopped eating crappy processed foods, no fast foods at all. I did workout videos at home and started running (or trying to run lol). Slowly but surely it worked and I lost 20 pounds in about 5-6 months. Went on vacation and i since coming back I have yet to get back into the swing of things but the good thing is I haven't gained any back. Check out the site www.blogilates.com. This really helped me.

Celia Houck said...

you can do it!!! stick to your plan and you will do great!