Welcome to another installment of Weight Loss Wednesday here in my lil section of the world wide web.
You guys already know that I've lost tons of weight - and I still have 19 pounds left to go. NINE-TEEN. PES-KY. POUNDS. They are holding on for dear life around here.
I'll spare you the before and after pictures. Mostly because I'm hoping that I've deleted the before pictures from any part of my life. Ever.
I've had tons of questions about how I've lost weight, what I'm doing, how I'm keeping it off. It's hard. I used to say that whoever said that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels was lying - but now I really believe that.
It's true. Try having an ex boyfriend who told you that he'd be more attracted to you if you weren't fat - and then go to the complete other end of the spectrum with people telling you how great you look. I'm all about some vanity over here. Call me shallow, but now that I'm slowly getting to my goal weight, I never wanna look back.
As I've said before, I'm not really on a diet. I'm not really dieting. I've made a lifestyle change. One that I hope sticks around for a long time. Here is what a normal day looks like for me:
8:00 a.m.
A protein shake - made with water (not milk) - you can find tons of recipes on pinterest, and you can use any sort of protein shake mix. Just be mindful of calories and sugar level.
11:00 a.m.
A small meal.
Chopped veggies like cucumbers, peppers or tomatoes.
Plain greek yogurt with fiesta ranch mix (hidden valley brand) I use the fiesta ranch mix instead of regular ranch because of sodium levels.
2:00 p.m.
Another small meal.
Some sort of protein, like salmon or tuna (water packed) with veggies.
4:45 p.m. or 5:00 p.m.
Another protein shake. (Gets me through the day)
7:00 p.m.
Dinner.
Something sensible. Typically a salad with low fat dressing. No cheese or croutons. Sometimes I'll eat more protein and veggies.
If I have to have something sweet, I usually have a protein bar of some sort - low calories, low sugar and low fat after dinner.
During the day I drink lots of water. More than the daily recommended amount. The more water you drink, the less you weigh.
I wish I could say that I've given up soda, or that this is easy - but it isn't. It's hard. Sometimes I crave carbs and I give in. I'm a total believer in everything in moderation.
I wish I could say that I've given up soda, or that this is easy - but it isn't. It's hard. Sometimes I crave carbs and I give in. I'm a total believer in everything in moderation.
A couple of quick tips would be never eat anything fat free, it's FULL of other things that aren't so healthy. Those few fat grams you may see in reduced fat are much better. Watch your sodium level and be conscious of the sugar in everything you eat.
xoxo,
Brooke
(and because you should never have a post without pictures)




8 comments:
My beautiful pretty princess. I love you.
I know I say it all the time but you really are AMAZING!
You look great! You can do it.
I've lost so much of my pregnancy weight which I was so scared I wouldn't. Thank goodness for breast feeding to take away some of those pounds...and holding a baby a lot of the day!
You look so great and are such an inspiration!! Losing the last 19 lbs will be the best part of your journey, in the end!
That plaid dress looks amazing on you! I love it! And you look great! I need to follow your meal plans when I move for eating, because I want to be mindful of not eating out as much. Also, guess what came yesterday? My bible study book! I am going to blog about it today! It looks really good!
You DO look amazing dear!! Thanks for sharing your meals. I know I'll have to get back on track once the baby comes!
Love that dress on you gorgeous girl. I eat small meals and drink a TON of water as well...makes the body feel goooooooood. ;) Great job!
I also do protein shakes in the morning! I use milk though, mostly because I don't drink it otherwise so its a way to get my calcium and also because I think its gross with water lol
Wow...you stick to these eating habits most of the time? Impressive! I couldn't do it. I am having a hard time eating like that for two days (even though there are times when I should) -- I have about zero discipline when it comes to sweets :(
Post a Comment