Once upon a time, in a far away land, a wine loving Southern girl had a few too many glasses of wine at a local winery and she came up with a list of things that she may never really understand....
Welcome to the second edition of Things I May Never Understand (first edition here).
1. Why is chocolate with peppermint added in so delicious?
Tis the season for peppermint mochas - which I wake up thinking about every single morning - and no amount of willpower can tear me away from something that looks and tastes as delicious as this:
2. Why is McDonald's Diet Coke and large fries the best hangover cure?
This doesn't need a ton of explanation - we've all been there - you had one too many gin and tonics, you dropped it like it's hot - and the next morning the only thing that will help is a Diet Coke and Large order of fries. Don't worry, I'm not judging you - I'm giving you the head nod in the drive thru.
3. You know when you get that "perfect" outfit idea in your head and you scurry to every store in a 100 mile radius to find said outfit - WHY can you never find it?
You know the kind - you've seen it pinned 1,549 times and you've got to have it - you are certain you've seen every essential piece in stores at some point, so it should be easy, right? But of course, no one has any of it in stock.

4. Why is it that I can apply my MAC blush and go from looking like a zombie to looking like I might be among the living?
I've had tons of questions about my make up in this picture - and I'll be honest - I don't do a lot for my makeup routine. Seriously. But I'm wearing the blush below in this pic - it gives me a natural glow and apparently looks great in pics.


powder blush in Passionately Tempted
5. Why can country music speak directly to my soul?
I know I'm not alone in this. You've been driving down the road with the country music blaring - and it's a song that you've heard no less than a million times, you actually can sing every word of it - and all of the sudden something hits you, a light bulb goes on over your head and you are like "YES! EXACTLY!"
Martina McBride "Love's the Only House"
xoxo,
Brooke



11 comments:
Yes to the Coke and fries. Yes to the blush. And HECK yes to the not being able to find the outfit you are looking for when you need it. That happens to me ALL the time. Especially lately, for some reason. I have all these great ideas for holiday outfits - and can't find any of the pieces needed to pull these darn outfits together. It's so frustrating:( I definitely don't understand it!
so now I'm going to buy that blush, damn you. but seriously you are so cute. and I am so with you on this, everytime I have an outfit in mind I might as well forget it.
Love chocolate and peppermint together! YUM! and I have to agree on the fries and regular coke in my case. I think any kind of fried food and sugary soda does the trick :)
Yes, Yes, and YES! Mcdonalds (regular) coke and fries are my hangover cure-all! I can't live without it. I totally agree with #3 too, but I also can't understand when I have the perfect outfit in my head, finally found all the competents, try it on...and it looks NOTHING like I want it too.
Yes to the peppermint and the chocolate--it's heavenly!
I swear McD's puts SOMETHING in their Diet Coke to make it taste different and better than any other Diet Coke in the world.
& yes to country music. Country Music is always a yes.
Yes to McDonalds.. except I always eat it when I'm drunk not hungover. Allll the makeup in the world couldn't make me as pretty as YOU ;) xoxo
I would move mountains for a peppermint mocha right now!!! Chocolate and Peppermint is almost better than Chocolate and Peanut Butter :) Hope you're having a great day!!
I agree with everyyyything lol!
Sometimes I think I'm crazy and should just be able to sub in some closely related item when I've planned that perfect outfit in my head, but then I realize...hello then it isn't the PREFECT outfit....glad I'm not alone!
I agree with all of this, but especially the perfect outfit dilemma and the wonderfulness that is country music. I could listen all day long, while I shop for that perfect outfit that I'll never find. Is there a country song about that? There should be.
-Samantha
itsallinthedeats.blogspot.com
that peppermint chocolate cheesecake is amazeballs! My boss made it yesturday for our employee party i couldnt have enough!!
Post a Comment