But if you are like me,
One recently opened in Lexington and my girlfriends and I decided there was no better way to spend our Saturday night than this.
No one could mess this up, right?
I like to think of my life as a clean slate. I had a hard time painting on this.
Working on brush strokes. That lone one at the bottom wasn't really supposed to be there.
I added in that definition in the bottom - to give it sass.
Stopped for a photo.
I was proud of my background. I should have just left it at that.
Things went south somewhere around here.
Notice how dainty everyone else's dress is.
Finished product.
2 things.
I'm not an artist. But it was fun tapping into that creative side.
The Lexington location doesn't allow wine. Meaning - we didn't drink wine while painting. Not even BYOW (bring your own wine).
I'm not sure what the twist was other than I paid $35 to make something that looked like that.
Would I do it again? Absolutely.
Will I bring a wine flask? No doubt in my mind.
xoxo,
Brooke





















20 comments:
Hello from a fellow Lexington blogger! I've been reading your blog for a bit and didn't realize you were in Lexington until now!
Didn't know we had this painting place, but definitely want to check it out! Although, if they don't allow wine... that's an issue. :)
Thanks for posting!
I have always wanted to try this. It looks like fun no matter what the finished product is.
And wine makes everything better. :)
Alison
www.getyourprettyon.com
i did this once- and we painted a "winter scene" mine was by far the worst and i was by far the most tipsy- win?!
Yours has so much more character ;) it's a beauty!! Our friends have actually mentioned doing this before but we keep dropping the ball. I want to though!
thank you for linking up sweet lady
I always wanted to go to one of these. I'm so glad that one of these opened in Lexington!!! I definitely want to go now!
That's so cute! We have a couple places like that around Charleston. There is one called Bottles N Brushes and Wine and Design so clearly they both allow wine, which is awesome of course. I would highly recommend sneaking in some wine next time, so much more fun!
Yessss. Wine in a flask. You my boy, blue!
If you are unartistic (me), the ONLY way to attend one of these classes is with a black box of wine in hand. I tell myself it helps my creates juices get to flowing :)
No wine?! How strange! We have a place similar in Augusta called Van Gogh and Vino. Since Vino is in the name and not just "twist", there's no way they're getting out of allowing wine!
Wine or no wine, it's still a fun thing to do with your girlfriends!
I've been wanting to go do one of these, but all my friends and sister are pregnant at the same time and I'm gonne be the one drunk off of everyone else's wine, ha!
Well, it sure looks like you had fun! I had no idea this was in Lexington either, going to have to take my daughter!
Sean
http://mydailysuccess.wordpress.com/
I didn't realize you were in Lexington...I'm in Cincy!! You should come up here...it's $35 but you can drink whoo hooo! Or we could just go get wine somewhere and forget the whole painting gig.
NO WINE? That is just wrong. So wrong. Don't you worry your gorgeous brunette head.. when you come to Denver we will do this and we will get drunkz because the painting is ALWAYS better that way ;)
Wow, this is awesome! Looks like fun....wine might make it even better! :)
~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
seriously no wine?! we had a blogger meetup at a place like this and it was a total blast!
I've been wanting to do this FOR-EVER but always forget about it!!! I think yours turned out fab!! I mean, 100x better than mine ever would have been!!
Thanks for linking up with us doll!! xoxo
I was at that same blogger meetup with Tara and yes, it was so fun!! And there was definitely wine :)
I think yours turned out great! Not just saying that!
the best way to get a great painting is to definitely drink the whole bottle of wine... seriously. I love going to do that! here in Alabama it is called Sips-n-Strokes. And I do agree that we shouldn't have to pay money to drunkenly paint something that is going to look like a hot mess.
I think you got many talentz Brookie :)
I have been wanting to do this FOREVER! Did you have fun?! Apparently the "lack of" twist is due to some stupid law in this fine town. Pretty much all other places (I think!) allow you to bring your own wine in! We have some seriously old antiquated ordinances/laws here in Lexington! PS thanks for the twitter follow! I was so excited to see you're from Lexington and you blog! :)
Post a Comment