Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Want My Cake and to Eat it Too.

I love blog land. I really do. The amount of love I felt yesterday from my post and just over social media, just left me feeling like my love tank was really full.

Which leads me to today. The day after a birthday is strikingly similar to the day after a full day of drinking. I've eaten too many calories, and ate 2 pieces of birthday cake, which is equivalent to a 3 a.m. drive thru run to McDonald's on the way home because you are 'thirsty.' Don't get me wrong, I like to celebrate and fully intend to drag this celebration on into next weekend, but there's just something missing. Like Tuesdays aren't completely dedicated to me and that makes me sad.

That being said, I have a lot planned for this next year. Some of it being losing the last ten pounds and getting into the best shape of my life. We've talked about it a lot here, but I struggle with self esteem issues. And sometimes I eat my feelings. And sometimes I don't eat. I obsess over things. Especially the scales. Don't get me wrong. I like the way I look right now. I am at my lowest weight. I went from a size 16 to a size 6. I'm darn proud of myself. But, I just have goals I want to reach and quite frankly I like to eat.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too. 


Especially when it looks like that, is chocolate with peanut butter filling. Don't act like you wouldn't eat it too. We are all friends here, no judgment.

So I joined a gym, and most of you know that I already worked out at home, but I needed that extra push. I hired a personal trainer and I bought vegetables. I'm going to do this and by lake season, I'll be kicking butt and taking names.

Here's where you come in. I'm gonna need motivation. And I'm gonna need you to remind me if I post about Mexican food. I'm meeting with my personal trainer for the first time tonight. And I can already imagine the conversations that will happen between he and I. "No, I'll eat chips and salsa, you just help me work them off, k, thanks, bye"

I'm taking him these pictures. I told you I had goals. No one said they were attainable.

30 Day Challenge. Start this 30 days before spring break, so maybe 2 weeks into February?


Happy Tuesday, friends. 

18 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Celebrations (and life in general) can always get in the way sometimes when it comes to eating and drinking. You look GREAT! I definitely need to get my focus on for the next 2 months until lake season - I'm ready for size 6 again because honestly I've eaten my chubby little feelings up and it ain't cute!

Helene said...

You deserve all the love in the world! and i think you look amazing but I understand wanting to look and feel your best, I do too.

Anonymous said...

We can be each other's motivation girl!!! I want to lose like 30lbs. My biggest problem is staying motivated to work at this every single day! Let's help each other. :)

Jess Casey said...

Um that cake looks delish!!! And that ass is amazing lol

Unknown said...

such an awesome cake.
and even more awesome pics!

Staci said...

You got this! I am keep you accountable for the next month but then once my stupid wedding is over I'm eating all the chips & all the salsa!!

Katie said...

haha. I'll help I'll help! ;) go you!

Jordon said...

Don't feel bad. I don't know a soul that could turn down that cake. Kudos to you and your personal trainer. Fingers crossed he is a hottie and that can be a little extra motivation :)

Whitney said...

I 100% agree with you about birthdays!! Good luck with the PT tonight!! My life is a constant battle of how much do I need to work out in order to eat this or that! So I share your struggle!

elle rae-marie said...

Awesome cake....mail me a piece!
Great motivation too....I want that ass! Hellllllllooooooo

Sarah said...

You can do it pretty lady!!! Spending you sweat vibes to work it OUT like a rock star!!

Sam said...

You can do it! By the way, I ate healthy all day but just had a poptart! Everybody has 'non healthy' things every once & a while. A birthday is not a birthday without cake. Everything in moderation!

Maxine said...

Starting this lifestyle is the HARDEST part! I'm with you on this. I know you're meeting with a personal trainer but if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask -- I really know nothing, but I know how important motivation is. I'm here for you! You got this!

Anonymous said...

girrl you are rocking and look amazing, I am the SAME way but we can't obsess over being perfect or we will NEVER be happy! You can eat Mexican now and than, just stay on the treadmill an extra 10 minutes!
just be you girly, you are perfect just the way you are!

(too cheesy? ;)

Meighan said...

you are such a beauty! I hope you get everything you want! Especially that amazing tummy and bootay...

Unknown said...

Best of luck with the goals! You will get there, be so damn happy, and will forget about that cake (though it does look delicious).

I swear, that lady and her boo-tah, I've seen her everywhere. I'm sure she is raking in the big bucks!

Samantha said...

You can just send me that chocolate/peanut butter cake. I'll eat it all for you :)

Good luck with your last 10 pounds! You look fantastic already, but I'm positive you'll accomplish the goals you've set for yourself and will look EXTRA fantastic by summertime :)

Oh and send me some of your motivation with that cake.

Kelly said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you had a great one and that cake looks delish!

I also just joined a new gym lately and I have been so much more motivated to workout. I've also been taking a lot of the classes that they offer and I love them. I sponsor a weekly link-up called 'Fitness Friday', you should check it out if you are looking for some additional motivation, encouragement, and accountability!

-kelly
Honor Courage Commitment