You can blame Florida for my lack of blogging this week. I'm really struggling with getting back into the swing of blogging. I think I left a lot more than just a random shoe in the South Beach, but that's a whole other blog post.
So here I am, sitting on the sunporch with my dogs, trying to think of something to blog about. I've learned a lot about myself this week, so here I am to share it with you.
My Friday lessons:
1. If you pass out in a surgery recovery room, make sure there's someone there to catch you.
It turns out I'm not as tough as I thought I was. The sight of blood and surgery things make me a little squeamish. And by squeamish I mean, pukey. I haven't eaten in 36 hours, and I'm not sure I will any time soon.
2. Full work weeks are overrated.
I was off all last week vacationing, and I'm off today taking care of my mom. I'm completely okay with it. I'm currently blogging in a UK sweatshirt and yoga pants. You can be jealous if you'd like, I don't mind.
3. If you go on vacation, don't weigh yourself the day you get back.
This should have been a given. But you guys know that I am sometimes a slave to my scales. Just don't do it. Don't step foot on there until somewhere about 3 days later. Or after you don't eat for 36 hours.
4. Do not, I repeat, do not agree to go on a date with an old friend.
This too should have been a given. But, alas, I never learn. I'm a firm believer that guys and girls can be friends. But why try to ruin the beauty of the friendship by going on a date. It's as weird as it feels and if you get incredibly awkward, then there's a good chance all your mutual friends will know.
See also: I'm incredibly awkward.
Meow is not an appropriate response to a text message. I mean, I already knew this and have never, ever sent that, simply sharing in case you guys didn't know.
5. There is crack in Skinny Vanilla Lattes from Starbucks.
This is serious. A real issue. I can be running at about a 0 and swing through and say hello to my local barista, and suddenly things turn around. It's the craziest thing. And once you drink one, you will want another.
6. I really miss summer.
If I pack up my things and move South, would anyone really blame me? I don't like snow. Unless I'm in a hottub sipping beverages. And I don't have one of those, so it makes it really hard to do just that.
Anyone wanna rent a cabin in Gatlinburg for the weekend? Or buy me a hottub? I'll have y'all over and even provide the frosty drinks.
I'll be back on Monday in full force. Promise.
Oh, and if you have surgery, please don't ask me to take care of you. My stomach and I thank you.
xoxo,
B


17 comments:
Meet ya in the Redneck Hills, lady! I don't do this in-between stuff ~ I need mountains+hot tub+beer, or I need beach+daiquiri+bikini {and the body to make it look good, please, anyone?}.
Happy Friday!
is there a rehab group for skinny vanilla lattes? If so, let's go... like now. We can hangout afterwards in someones hottub drinking cold beverages.... it will be part of our recovery process.
Love me some starbucks! I'm dreaming of Summer too! :)
www.elle-pea.blogspot.com
I love me some Gatlinburg! That is like the *premier* vacation destination for my hometown. Or Panama City. Yeehaw.
I have 100% been craving a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg. I don't know if it is the white trash coming out in me or hot tub withdrawls. Regardless, I'm in.
Can I move south with you? I am a little sick and tired of this weather too. Hot tubs? YES PLEASE!
I hate hate hate blood - guts - yuck, even talking about it...I'm getting dizzy...
I've been really wanting to plan a weekend of fun in Gburg - actually had the opportunity last weekend with Mr. Target, but I felt like living, hahahaha! Maybe a blogging retreat??
If you move to south beach I am coming with you. It's already settled.
Alsoooo- I live maybe an hour & a half from Gatlinburg!! Let's plan a cabin weekend!!
I as well am done with winter. Ugh. Seems like its never going to end here in freezing MN! Keep me posted on the plans to head south - I'm down!
Happy Friday!
Erin
www.theerinepisodes.blogspot.com
I miss summer too! I can not handle this cold weather anymore!!
http://www.keepingupwkatelyn.blogspot.com/
I miss summer too! I can not handle this cold weather anymore!!
http://www.keepingupwkatelyn.blogspot.com/
full work weeks are the worst. seriously, who does that?!
I was soooo jealous of your FL pics...it's ok everybody gains weight after vacay. You will get that right off in no time! MEOW girl! :)
So starbucks has now sent out buy one get one frees on those vanilla spice latte.....there is crack in them!
I have that same stupid obsession with Skinnies! But it has gotten me to Gold status at Starbucks :)
Oh my goodness, Gatlinburg has the CUTEST little cabin rentals all with hot tubs. I'm in! You should definitely think about moving more south, it's a beautiful sunny, 66 degree day here in Charleston :)
Btw - my future in-laws bought me a UK t-shirt, sweatpants, and slippers for Christmas. Think they are trying to hint around something??
Mmmm I had a skinny vanilla latte this morning. NOM. I'm going to text you meow sporadically throughout the week just for funzies. Also, I love you. OK BYE xoxox
Post a Comment