Happy Valentine's Day, lovies!
It is no secret that I love Valentine's Day almost as much as I love carbs. Really. And this year I will be celebrating this special day with none other than my two best girlfriends.
I had seen this pin a few times, and even seen the most perfect tutorial over at Stephanie's, but decided that this would be the most perfect gift for my girlfriends on this very special day.
Are these not the cutest things you have EVER seen?
What you'll need:
Sponge brush and Mod Podge (hob lob sells this stuff in a package together)
scissors
sanding paper
pen
a package of corkboard coasters (also from hob lob)
4x6 photos (i can send you some of me if you really want)
Matte clear spray paint
Ribbon (if they are a gift)
Steps to the cutest coasters on the planet:
1. Trace your photos with the corkboard coasters - make sure you line them up with what exactly you want on the photo. Nobody wants a coaster with half a face.
2. Cut each photo along those lines you traced.
3. Apply a coat of mod podge to the coaster.
4. Press the photo on top of the coaster. Make sure you press down so it's evenly distributed and no little air bubbles. Don't want the picture to lift!
5. Apply a thin coat of mod podge going ONE direction on top of the picture. Sounds crazy, I know. But cover every single inch. And go around the edges too.
6. Once that dries, go the opposite direction. So, if you went east to west, go north to south. : )
7. After that dries, use your sanding stone to file down any edges and make everything SMOOTH.
(I didn't use this because I was particular. And because I forgot to buy one.)
8. Seal your photos with matte clear spray paint. (I did two coats of this to make sure that everything was really sealed. And plus I just liked the way it made the coasters look)
9. Cut some ribbon and tie them up.
TA-DA! You've got some really cute coasters and some really happy friends!
It really seems to help if you've got a 3 pound dog in your lap, but that's not a really necessity!
What did you make????














15 comments:
Omg these are seriously the cutest! I need to do this ASAP!
You are much craftier than me. I feel 100% confident I would screw this up.
I made some of these a few months ago & LOVE them! yours came out really good! :)
Things like this make me wish I could DIY! But alas, I have no talents. These are so freakin' cute!!
Love this idea...what a good friend! Everyone loves getting Valentines!
Such a cute gift idea!
Adorableee
I mean, really. Could you be any cuter? Love this! Happy Valentine's Day, honey bunny!
Oh these are perfect! I may need to give these a whirl soon, but I am fairly positive I will waste 45 dollars at Hobby Lobby and mess them up.
Yours turned out so cute! I made some out of bath tiles (get them at HD or Lowe's for $.16!) & use scrapbook paper & a monogrammed sticker! Love those as a gift idea though... would have been perfect for what I need this weekend!
These are wonderful! Wish I had seen this post in time to make them! :)
These are so cute? I didn't see any with my face but I'm assuming thats bc they are like in the mail or something..
Oh yeah... definitely trying this one.
Those are so darn cute! Mod Podge makes me nervous for some reason! I may have to try this sometime!
I need to do this... like yesterday. Oh well, maybe next year.
Post a Comment