So I went home and did something that I hadn't done in a few weeks. I ground pounded out 5 hard miles and really just spent that time talking to God. I don't do enough of that lately. When I was finished, I sat on the cold ground and stretched for what seemed like forever and did some heavy thinking. I was mad at myself ultimately. I confronted someone, let's call her a bully, and asked her to have common courtesy before talking about me behind my back. And then I came back to my desk and cried. And then I left crying. I ran and cried. I made a promise to myself 5 years ago that I wouldn't let someone bulldoze over me anymore. And that's just what I had done. I let someone convince me that she was better than me. Big mistake on my part.
Five years a go, I walked away from a friendship because I let her make me believe that I was less than a person because I was fat and didn't have the same amount of dollars in the bank that she did. I promised myself I'd never, ever do that again. And I never looked back. Until yesterday. So how do I deal with that? How do I deal with the fact that I let someone make me feel less than them?
First, I cry like a maniac.

Second, I act really maturely.

Third, I think of things I would say if I got the chance again.

Fourth, I do this. (Not really, before you start to send me to AA)

Fifth, I blog about it and forget it happened.

If you ask me, I'm handling it really well. Now. In hindsight.
Don't forget today is #backthatazzupfriday with my bff for ever and ever and ever, Whitney.
Happy weekend, lovers!

24 comments:
Girllll, you're amazing. Don't let anyone ever let you think differently. But, yea, bullies are hard to deal with. I've left work crying before (at my old job) because of a nasty girl. I won't let it happen again. :)
I'm sorry sister! I hope you have a better day. I hate it when work makes me cry. I think you're pretty awesome so as Uncle Si would say, Boo-yah! ;)
You just described how i deal with stress the same way, so I am with ya sista! Even if you do well in not letting a bully head get to you, it still feels good to tel them off, so i think you did the right thing! :)
So sorry to hear that this happened to you. There are some people out there who just live to make others unhappy - sounds like you had to deal with one of these people yesterday! Keep your chin up, don't let it get to you and keep working hard to meet your goals. You're great and I hope that you have wonderful Friday:)
I swear I handle things EXACTLY the same way, girl. I cry at the drop of a hat- especiallyyy during confrontation or if I'm feeling less than the other person (for whatever reason that may be). It's hard for us girls not to feel this way though and you should never feel like you are less than someone else- I'm working on that myself. I'm so glad you got a good run in and were able to spend some alone time with God. That's really what we need when it all comes down to it :) I hope you have a better day today, sister!!
xoxo
I'm so glad that you stood up for yourself! And now I kind of want to come up to KY and punch that person for acting that way towards you haha SMIIILE and I hope you have a better day today!!!
So sorry to hear about your bad day honey, but i'm glad you dealt with it! Good for you for running it out and talking it over with God - I should have done that last week but instead I took my stress out on some food. Your way is better! Don't let it ruin your weekend!
You forgot to eat a brownie! That's important. I am proud of you for standing up for yoself! I can never do that...I usually make my sister do that for me because I'm 6 years old.
oh friend i think you handled it just fine, in my opinion. and the fact that you ran 5 miles- props. i am bad and would have eaten so much crap.
I have been having the same problem at work lately, I need to learn to stick up for myself. You Go Girl!
I am also really impressed that you went for a 5 mile run. I would have curled up in my bed with a box of Wheat Thins.
haha. you are too cute. I think all girls cry over silly situations 95% of the time, it's normal. what is amazing is that you ran 5 miles afterwards..running = cheaper than therapy, right?
I hate conflict! I wish I was strong enough to stand up for myself instead of getting hives and breaking out in sobs. LOL You did the right thing and at least you didn't drown your hurt in ice cream - you ran instead!
I don't think you could have handled it better! I'm proud of you Brooke! and maddddd props for the 5 miles! Get it girl!
You handled it SO much better than how I would have! I run away from confrontation and then still cry. I need to bookmark this post and read it whenever I'm letting someone get the best of me. Which I pretty much ALWAYS do.
Running it out and talking with God IS a super healthy way to handle it. I hate being a "crier" but sometimes my cry reflex is triggered just because I'm angry too! I feel ya!
don't let anyone do that to you. you're wonderful. (I say this, yet I cry on the way home sometimes because I've had a day I just really can't handle. we'll work on it together.) :) <3333333
p.s. I've always wanted to throw water on someone.
Most of the time when I cry it's out of frustration. That sounds like a bullshit frustrating situation. I think you handled getting yourself back on track well. If that girl doesn't know you're fierce, her loss. People who are back talkers are never worth it.
Um who was mean to Brookie face? I will kick their butts! I cry over everything, its just how I deal. I cry and then somehow even with my crying migraine I feel better. Love youz bunny.
I don't like that girl and I don't even know her! You do handle yourself well :)
I think you're a pretty damn amazing woman Brooke! You stood up for yourself and got your feelings/frustrations out in a healthy way... you're pretty incredible!
Hi im a new follower from the link up!!
www.meetthebrowns20.blogspot.com
I applaud you for confronting your bully! Also sorry about your bad day! I do agree with te ladies about you handling the situation well and running it out and also speaking to God. Two great things to release frustration and stress! Hope you have a great weekend!
I say wtg for sticking up for yourself and then running!! that's awesome!!
i am really bad at confrontation and it always makes me want to cry even though I normally don't cry, its just an uncomfortable situation!
xox
OH NO! Getting that upset at work is the worst, but it happens to the best of us. I hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment