I have been working out hard. Two times a day somedays, in fact. I hired a trainer who is mean as the devil. And I watch every single bite that goes in my mouth. Except on weekends, and then I watch every single bite and throw caution to the wind when it comes to drinking.
I can see a difference. I can feel a difference. I know there is a difference. But then, this morning at 5:00 a.m. before heading out into the snow covered wonderland, I did the unthinkable. I stepped on the scales. AND THEY HAD GONE UP.
Insert panic here.
I am a slave to my scales. You guys know this. I am. I don't like seeing that number go up even if it was just one pound. And this is when I start to say, maybe I just won't work out. But I like working out, most days. I don't like my trainer. I mean, really I love him, he's cute as a button, but he says things like don't reward yourself with food.
WHY WOULDN'T I REWARD MYSELF WITH FOOD? If I work out 10 times in a week, I think I deserve Chuy's. I'm not rewarding myself, I'm just eating it because I like it. There's a difference.
So, I sent out a SOS text to my trainer. Wherein he said something really witty, "it's those muscles, dimples." Dimples isn't his cute name for my backside, it's my nickname. And that's fine, muscles are fine. I took those pictures to him and told him I want muscles. But really, really, really I wanted to be skinny and muscular.
SO I had five pounds to lose and now I have six. Whatever. I need motivation before I jump off the bridge and eat fro yo for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I know. You gotta eat clean and train mean. I know that. He tells me that every day. And I do that. I eat a mostly yeast free diet, I'm a pescatarian, no carbs come near my lips and really the only bad thing I take in my body is alcohol and that's only on the weekends. I gave up soda (except on Saturdays) and I drink enough water to keep a camel healthy.
Point being, I just need motivation. And I want to be motivational for all those readers who need it. I do.
I'm off to drink my water, after my coffee of course.
I'm linking up with Shanna and The Vintage Apple today.







19 comments:
Brooke- muscle weighs more than fat!!! you are worrying me a bit, you are doing so great don't stress out over it (although I know it's hard!) but you are doing it right, and you know weight can fluctuate! you got this.
Doesn't your weight fluctuate 3 pounds throughout the day? I'm sure it's just that! Don't let it get to you! I just decided yesterday that I'm going to set a big goal for myself (and blog about it of course) and train for a 10K! EEK! Just typing it scares me. But you can do this! And hopefully I can too! That's what the blog world is here for - to keep eachother motivated!
(And yes, the wind/snow sucked this morning.)
K
Muscle weighs more than fat!! You are doing fabulous!!!!
That damn number on the scale can definitely make a girl crap her pants sometimes! I reeeeeally try to focus more on how my clothes fit and how my body looks because sometimes that weight number can just put you in a tizzy. I'm sure you look GREAT and I know you are kicking booty! And you know those last 5-6 lbs are the HARDEST to lose!
It's so easy to get discouraged but once you gain that muscle you'll start to see the inches melt away. That's what's important! I used to be obsessed with the scale and then I started to take measurements. The scale went up, but my inches and pant sizes went down!
Keep up the hard work!
Girl. You are doing AMAZING! You look great and I'm sure you feel great with all the working out you're doing. But like Helene said, muscle weighs more than fat. So obviously the more you work out, the more muscle you build and the bigger chance there is of the scale going up! Don't get defeated pretty girl. I am so proud of you! And you are right, eating Chuy's or drinking isn't a bad thing. Doing it everyday of the week would be. This is a lifestyle, not just a quick fix. You have to indulge in the not so good sometimes or you'll give up.
Do more cardio and less weights? Muscle definitely weighs more than fat but I know toning up is important just do more cardio!
I am SO inspired by you right now! You are doing awesome! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you are obvs gaining the muscles you wanted! You are doing so good, I'm proud of you and I'm going to keep you in my mine when I need inspiration!
stop it right now sissy!!! you are so smoking hot :-) don't you be a slave to that scale. tht one pound is either a pound of lean muscle or just water weight. my weight can go up and down as much as 5lbs in a day based on water retention, etc. i wanna hear about your new diet - eating yeast free with no meat. that's basically what i am trying to do. help a sister out in the meal prep department. can't wait to see you next week! keep up that hard work in the gym - you go girl!!
Girl, you are doing amazing and putting me to shame! Don't worry for a second about that one pound, it's obviously muscle and you look great!
First of all, you are doing amazing!!
Second, like everyone else said, you are gaining more muscle and it just weighs more.
I used to be like this and stress every morning but then I had to keep reminding myself that your weight will fluctuate throughout the day. And I had to force myself to stop weighing myself every day- and do every other or just once a week. I also started paying more attention to how my clothes were fitting, not just the number on the scale.
Again, you are doing awesome so just focus on continuing to do that!!!
Girl I'm like you and rely on that DANG scale way.too.much! YOU GOT THIS!
If it helps, I definitely love keeping up with you via instagram because YOU, my dear, motivate ME!
i have been going through the same thing! lately my scale has been up and down within 2 pounds but every time it's on the up end, i get so mad at myself! i've been trying to avoid the scale - muscle weighs more than fat, focus on the progress you're making!!
These are terrific motivators! Thanks for sharing.
ah! I know this feeling very well. When I started busting my ass in the gym I lost a lot of weight... now I've gained it all back, in a good way!! I can lift more and keep my endurance throughout the workout. I've also had to eat more because I'm running on top of workouts. I've had some days where I feel like I can't do it anymore but then I realize that my membership is far from over..... ;-) keep up the good work!!! dimples.
Girl, you're doing so amazingly well, you need to do whatever you can not to step on that scale. It's your safety net and it's not doing you any favours. Listen to your body, how you feel, how your clothes fit, how strong you feel. That's way more important than a bloody number. xo
You absolutely CAN do this! You've come way too far to give up now :) And you're motivating me to eat my oranges, apples and cauliflower today!
I know you don't truly plan on giving up and can totally understand the frustration. I'm sure your body just needs a little time to adjust to the increased workouts and you'll be back on track in no time!
It's so hard to get discouraged, especially when you see the numbers go up! Keep up the hard work though, it's paying off! You are an inspiration to me! You make me want to get to the gym & eat right! Keep it up sister!
Girl, I just have to say at least you have already conquered the hardest part, giving up all those lovely foods and also making the effort to work out. There are a lot of us who sit here and complain (yes, I am talking about me here) about weight but then I don't do ANYTHING to try to help things. So, point is, you are a hero in my book girl. you're an inspriation to me definitely!
My cheer coach used to say if we gained a pound look at our measurements... If we had gone up be concerned, but if we had stayed the same or gotten smaller, then we were perfectly fine, just gained some of that lovely muscle. :D
Post a Comment