A little back story. I'm terrible at dress shopping. Terrible. I hate the way that dresses look on me. I love getting dressed up and quite frankly would prefer to wear dresses on a normal day. But it's always been a well known fact in my house that shopping for a formal or cocktail dress is like getting a root canal. Lots of fun, right?
When I saw these dresses, I knew I had to go try them on.

So I hauled myself on over to JcP to check them out. I wasn't sure if our store in Lexington would have them, but they did. And when I walked up to them, I was a little overwhelmed. I would have thought they'd have them on a mannequin or something. Designer dresses shouldn't just be hanging on hangers after all.
I picked up one of each dress in my size and headed straight to the dressing room. The middle dress is absolutely, positively hideous on. Unless you are svelte size 0, then I do not suggest it. Maybe it's just me. No pics were taken because I wouldn't do that to myself. No way, no how.
I pulled on the first dress, with the bow on the shoulder, and immediately thought the dress was too itchy and a weird material. Then, the size six didn't even come close to zipping. Having to size up does not make me a fan.
$110
Forgive the crappy phone pic, but I was alone. It's super cute on. I liked it.
I pulled on the third dress. And it is super fun.
$110
Again, I had to size up. And they didn't have my size in this dress. So this is a size 4 which is zipped, but not flattering. It's super fun, but I wasn't crazy about the silky pink belt, which looked nothing like the picture featured in their ad or on their website.
Both dresses were $110. Would I have bought the first dress if it had been a little cheaper? Yeah. I would have.
I was really hoping I'd love it and they'd be the perfect price. I was a little disappointed.
Have you tried on a dress for JcPenney? Did you love it, hate it, buy it???



10 comments:
I have gotten dresses from JCP but I am so cheap I wait for them to go down.
I like the purple dress, but totally agree with you that $110 is a lot to pay for it. You can find something cuter for a better deal for sure!!! Can't wait to see what you end up with:)
I like that purple dress...but yea $110 is a lot!
I love JCP! It would be hard to justify paying that much, but I guess it is Marchesa! The red dress looks absolutely adorable on you thought!
I am a new follower and a new blogger, and I just want to say I love your blog!
Marchesa is just so...poofy. I can't rock a poof. Ever. But I cracked up about your description of the middle dress.
I love the bow dress, of course, but I'm a total cheapy.
I haven't bought anything at JCP in awhile but my hairdresser has had on cute things the last few times I've been and said JCP. Penney's was my first job ever so I probably ought to give em a little love ;)
The red dress is so adorable! I haven't shopped at JCP in a while but every time I go in there I'm kind of surprised by how much cute stuff they have...
I just love Marchesa and get sad when they do things that aren't good. I still need to go at least stare at these dresses because I know they won't fit me ;)
Ever since JCP redid their philosophy with no coupons/sales, etc, I have hardly bought anything from them! They were my favorite store! I also had to size up 2 sizes in their jeans last time. I didn't purchase on that philosophy as well!
Post a Comment