Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

The amount of love and motivation I felt yesterday was overwhelming. I was so discouraged. Not just in my weight loss, but in other aspects of my life. In lots of aspects of my life. I've been asking myself a lot lately where my life is going? What I'm doing with my life? And honestly have felt conviction in my heart for wanting to do more, it's almost been a year since I set out on a whole different path for myself. I wanted to get more involved in my community, which I have, but I also wanted to travel abroad. Go on mission trips, reconnect my relationship with God, and just be more thankful.






But sometimes life gets in the way. And I forget. I'm so guilty of forgetting everything I have to be thankful for. I have the best friends a girl could ask for. A great family. My parents are healthy. I have great blog friends. I'm healthy. I have sore muscles. I have the ability to have sore muscles. I have a God that loves me and forgives me. I have grace.

Thankful

So it's my goal over the next month to work on being more thankful. To do things that make me more thankful. To really soak in all of the good and forget the bad.

Unfortunately, that probably means limiting my time on social media and maybe even on my blog. Not that I'm not thankful for twitter and blogs, but I just need to refocus. I need a re-set.

thankful

And that even means being thankful for this season of life. For being thankful for being single, and carefree. For being thankful for the hurts and the tears. That means being thankful for hurt feelings and loneliness. That means being thankful for scales, and Mexican food, and friends. That means being thankful for it all.

Be thankful

How do you stay focused and thankful?

9 comments:

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Hugs sister. Sounds like we've had some similar feelings. Just yesterday I saw something that made me think "I need to do this" and it was writing one thing down you're thankful for every day. Probably sounds minute, but it's so easy to forget when you're feeling down in the dumps. I'm sad about my papaw's prognosis, but I'm also thankful that I've had so many good years with him. I'm thankful for a God that I know is capable of miraculous things. Sorry - I don't mean to make this about me. Hang in there hottie. I think you're doing awesome. I am proud of you for how much you've been working out. And I will be thankful when you come take a barre class with me someday ;)

Beth Boone said...

Girl, I feel your pain!! I try to stay positive but the world (and our scales) bring us down! I have recently, as of yesterday, started a cleanse and a new workout routine. So far so good, haha! I wrote about it today actually. Let's all work together and be thankful together :)

Staci said...

I love this post! I know it's hard to stay positive when you want things to go down down down on the scale all the time. I've been torturing myself with salads for the past week & could not get past a certain number on the scale. Last night I finally had this moment of DUH. I am well within a healthy weight for my height, & this is the only body I'm gonna get so I might as well just accept it & stop beating myself up over 1 stupid pound. Then I stepped on the scale this morning & the 1 stupid pound I've been waiting for a week to drop finally left.

So yea- you got this!!

Helene said...

do what you gotta do girl. and know that you have so many people around you that love you.

Leslie said...

This is such a wonderful post! I know I definitely forget to be thankful and have to remind myself of all the awesome in my life. Just keep focusing on those things and you'll feel better soon enough! :)

Sara Elizabeth said...

Do what you gotta do and you know your blog friends will support you!! :)

Sarah Alway said...

Aw, I'm glad you're feeling better today and that you have such an awesome attitude! You are gorgeous and seem really wonderful and obviously have lots of people who love you. :-)

Kalyn P said...

I was going through something similar a while back and I've found that listing every day or every week what I'm thankful for was great. It is sort of like my nightly prayers but instead I write everything down in a notebook.

But do whatever you need to do to feel like you're living your life the way you want. Your blog readers and friends are here to support you 100%!

Katherine said...

love that blue color!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com