Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What Kind of Bar Star Are You?

Chances are if you are over the age of 21 you've been to a bar once or twice. Maybe more than a few times, I don't need an actual count.

Saturday night while out with some friends, I was really trying to take everything in - and it dawned on me. Everyone falls into a certain category. In college, if people went to bars instead of parties, we called them bar stars - hence the title.

What kind of bar star are you?

The Hands in the Air Just Saw My "Best" Friend
You know the type - they are minding their own business, drinking a beer - and then all the sudden they see their long lost best friend. They let out a large scream and their arms go straight into the air. Followed by the longest hug you've ever seen in a bar. Where the conversation probably goes something like "Homagah, I love you so much, I can't believe you are here, I haven't seen you since like last weekend."



The Flirt
They've had a few glasses of wine - and they are on the prowl. They are sure they are going to find their soulmate tonight. No matter what. They may even forget that they actually came with friends. Nothing will stand in their way - oh, my friend actually has a crush on that guy? Too bad. I'm in my zone.



The Drunk Guy/Girl
They've had too much to drink. They shouldn't be in public. Their friends should have done them a favor and sent them home in a cab. The guy is using some sort of 'witty' pick up line on every girl in the bar - and the girl is dancing her heart out - not even paying attention to the fact she has a dress on. At this point, most of the bar has seen her underwear, why stop now? The type that are going to be upset when they see their bar tab in the morning. Or any pictures that get uploaded.



The Dancer
They've suddenly found the moves of Justin Timberlake and the only thing they can do is bust a move. They may even get on top of the bar. There's no stopping them, and you may even here them say "I took jazz/ballet classes growing up," like that makes them the best bar dancer you have ever seen.



Standing in the Corner
You know the type. Probably the sober driver. Absolutely miserable. They've got the worst look on their face and ultimately wish their drunk friends would a)shut up and b)go home.


no, not in a bar - but she looks miserable, huh?

The Singer
They know every word to every song that the band could even possibly play. Every song that comes on is "their jam." I mean, they probably even feel like they are part of the band.



Where do you fit into this list?


27 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

hahahah I am probably a healthy mix of 1-4!

Anonymous said...

i'm for sure the singer...oops

Anonymous said...

I think I fit into most of these categories at some point through out the night. haha

Faith B said...

HAHAHA!

I'm definitely a mix between 'The Singer' and 'The Hands in the Air Just Saw My "Best" Friend'.

But in all honesty - I've been every single one of these at least once (or 10x).

itsmekt said...

HAHA this was awesome, im not sure that I could pick which ONE i am - totally dance like no ones watching, I LOVE every song I dont even stop to pee Ill bust a move all the way to the bathroom and back, not missing a beat! and as im dancing I usually see ppl I havent seen in "forever" so I start yelling and hugging them but really theres only 2 bars in town so odds are forever was def last wk or the wk befor!

Leslie said...

I've definitely been them all at some point. But usually I'm the singer and dancer.. oops? At least I'm having fun!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I'm probably either a) miserable, or b) the singer. And this is my jam!

Steph G said...

Damn. I'm the singer and the dancer and should probably start being the person standing in the corner. Anywho, thanks for making me laugh today.

Kelly said...

Lol great list! I have definitely at least seen someone that fits in to each category :p

Kalyn P said...

Haha I think I have been one of each! Except I've never flashed my panties....I think. Great post!

Helene said...

hahaha i love this! i am definitely the dancer. haha

Unknown said...

dancer... definitely!

Rachel said...

Can you be more than one! I am the heyy hands in the air, dancer and in your face drunk! Fun times right there!

Corinne said...

HA! this is awesome. I'm definitely a mix: 75% Hands in the Air Just Saw My "Best" Friend (LOVE the "Best" part of that!), 10% The Dancer and 15% The Singer.

Rhonda said...

hahahahaha!

I'm for sure the dancer and the singer. love it.

Sarah Alway said...

I think I've fit into every category at one point or another... :-)

Vanessa said...

Hands in the air, dancing, and singing!

And usually sober (but not miserable!)

ty said...

I'm the flirt. Whoops.

Sami said...

Brookie! You are a genius! I was always the arms in the air in college.. now I don't know. This is too funny. Love it :)

Maggie said...

Is it possible that I am all of them? Except for the one in the corner. Even when I am sober cab I am dancing!

Breanna said...

Yep. Definitely have fallen into all of those categories depending on the night :)

Breanna said...

Yep. Definitely have fallen into all of those categories depending on the night :)

Breanna said...

Yep. Definitely have fallen into all of those categories depending on the night :)

Jennifer said...

I'm the dancer!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

I think I'm a judger haha unless I'm hammered, then I'm a dancer!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA I loved this post. And I certainly need it after the events that happened in my city this week. So...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

And I am a million % half the dancer and half the flirt! :-p