Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful for Blogging

You've probably forgotten me - and if you have, I can't really blame you.




Life has a funny way of just happening. It gets busy - you lose yourself - and something has to give. Unfortunately, when something had to give, it was blogging. I haven't been here in this little space since early June - and even then my posts were sporadic.

Here's the thing - I was enjoying my summer. Not only that, I was in the midst of feeling sorry for myself. And even worse, I forgot who I was. You see, this summer I did something I promised myself I would never do. I let a guy use me. And there's no excuse for it - but I was really, really mad at myself. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't eating, and most importantly I wasn't living - I was going through the motions. I was at my lowest weight ever, but it wasn't because I was being healthy like before, I just wasn't eating. I thought that maybe if I stopped eating, if I lost more weight, he'd stop using me. I'm not mad at him, nor do I harbor any hard feelings for him. I wish him nothing but the best. I had to learn to focus on myself. A lot of lessons were learned and I'll be forever thankful for this summer. For what its worth, I feel like I owe him a thank you. I made a lot of decisions I'm not proud of. But the thing about being at your lowest point is that there's no where to go but up.

Enough about that - I have so much to share with you. If you follow me on Instagram, then you probably know a lot of what is going on in my little corner of the universe.


There have been a lot of UK games...with a bearded man. :)


These girls and I have become close, and aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?


Keeneland came and went for all you Kentucky ladies. 


The Fla/Ga Line concert was a blast...


Fall funtivities happened. Lots of pumpkin patches, lots of memories, lots of wine.


And Halloween.

Sure these are only just a few of the memories that happened since my last post - but I just thought we'd hit the high points. 

The best thing about blogging, is that I'm hoping you welcome me back with open arms. But I'm also thankful for all the posts I've read in my absence. For the encouraging things you've written - for all the tears I've cried reading about your thoughts and feelings. I've been around, just haven't been commenting. 

Here's to a new start in the blogging world, happy memories, and being back to a community that I love. 

19 comments:

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Umm I feel a little Journey going on over here...
"So now I runnnn to youuuu, with opeeennnn arms."
Love you!

Sami said...

Oh my goodness I am so happy you are back. I did not know about your hard times and for that I am sorry. I haven't been the greatest friend. I am however so happy that you're happy. It makes my little heart sing! Couldn't be happier to see you back! xoxo

Samantha said...

So, so, SO happy you're back! I was clicking on your blog every once and awhile to see if you were still private or not and when one day I saw you weren't, I got pretty dang excited :) Happy to hear you've found your happy place again!! Welcome back!!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Glad you are back!

The Pink Growl said...

I was so happy to see a post from you! I've missed you! I hate to hear that you've been in a sad place, but it seems that you are feeling better now? And for that I'm thankful! Gotta take care of yourself sista!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy you are back :)

Jennifer Lynn said...

Girl I was the same way. I took some time off too. Glad you're back though :)

NorthernBelle_87 said...

I am so happy your'e back. I love reading and your a huge inspiration to being fit and loving life! I had the same thing happen to me with a boy and it really does knock you down. But be proud of yourself for getting back up and living life again! All the best :)

- Jilly Anne

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

sooooooo glad you are back sissy!!!!!!! like so glad :-)

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

YAAY!! I am so glad you are back!! So sorry to hear about your low Summer but, lessons learned & I bet you're better for it now!

Kirsty said...

so ridiculously excited to hear that you're back, yay!

Steph G said...

Happy you are back!!! You've been missed :)

Nadine said...

Welcome back to Blogland!!! I am sorry about your hard times this summer, but it sounds like you came out winning on the other side!

Katie said...

ya yay yay :)

She's a big star said...

SO happy you're back Brooke, welcome back :) I'm sorry for what you've been through but so proud that you're using it as a lesson and somehow turning it into a positive. I know you were never really gone (thanks to Twitter and IG) but so glad to have you back!

Jennifer said...

welcome back!

Vicki said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you are back!!

Erin LFF said...

Welcome back :) We are all here ready to embrace you!!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Welcome back! Cheers to a new start.