Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fancy Seeing You Here

I'm probably one of the worst bloggers in all of the land. I told you I was back to blogging, and then I didn't post again for a few weeks. Thing is, I love blogging and I love all of the people that I've met. But I want to be able to really devote some time to it.

My girl, Whitney, posted yesterday about being the Beyonce of your blog - and she really struck a nerve. You see, in my normal life, I don't do things half way. I do them with my whole heart. When I love, I love fiercely. When I put my mind to something, I do it with all of the effort and hope that I can. So, when I don't have time to post, I don't like just throwing something together, just because. I want to be able to really post 5 days a week, like I had set forth to do. I want my blog to be pretty and sparkly and something that people want to come to read.

For now, I need you to love me through this. My plate is full but I wouldn't change a thing. My heart is fuller than it's ever been and I'm loving every minute of it.

For 2014, I'm making a promise to myself. I will come back to blogging with a passion. I will learn how to make my blog sparkle and I will give you all the heart and soul that I used to. Don't think that I don't read every single one of your blogs still. Because I do - sometimes I don't comment because the comment box doesn't load completely.

I'm hoping that in 2014 I can find that motivation I had in the gym again. The one that drove me there every single day. I'm also praying that 2014 is full of more hours in the day. You probably know, or have assumed by now, that I am in a brand spanking new relationship - 12 weeks, but who is counting - and juggling the newness of that and just the demands of the holiday season is hard. So sometimes going to the gym doesn't happen. Just last night, while stuffing my face with sushi, I thought you know I used to make it all work. And for a moment, I beat myself up - but the difference between then and now is huge.

I wasn't always happy. And I shared a lot of that here. I shared with you my struggles through weight loss. I shared with you my struggles through life. I shared with you my want to not be single anymore. I learned one of the best lessons that I've ever learned. I learned to love myself, to date myself, to be myself. Some days I pinch myself because I know I'm a lucky girl. Not just in my relationship, but in my life. I have everything I could ever want - and more.

I've been doing a lot of reflection in the past few days. Which is probably why I'm rambling like crazy. I've been doing a lot of goal setting. I've just been enjoying life.

So for now, I need you to accept that I may not blog every day - but I promise you when I do come back fully to blogging, I'll do it with everything inside of me. My little space will be sparkly and full of personality, rather than just posting to post. Just promise me to love me through it.

I wanted to share with you some pics that the crazy talented Kelsey Malicote took for me - as a gift to my mom. You probably saw some on Instagram, but I wanted to share more here.  Enjoy!







11 comments:

Samantha said...

Although I can't wait to see you back here on a regular basis, I love that your back even every often. I love even more to hear that you're so happy :) You deserve it!

Oh btw, you're gorgeous. That is all, friend.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

You look so beautiful in those pictures!! And we will be glad to have you back to blogging... no matter if it is 5 days a week or 5 days a month! We will just be happy to see your pretty face round these parts! So glad you life is so full!! :)

Babygirl said...

Kelsey and her husband were my wedding photogs!! I grew up with Matt and his sister. You found yourself a great great photographer, and if your lucky, friend, because she is one in a million!!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Whitney Ellen said...

Sooooo excited for my gorgeous Brookie to come back in full force!! <3

The Pink Growl said...

aww I love this! I always tend to be super reflective at the end of the year too. I hope you do come back, I miss ya in blogland. But don't you worry I'm still stalking everywhere else. So happy for you and your relationship! LOOOOOVE those pictures, you're just a doll!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

You're not the worst blogger - I am! Do not, do not, do not beat yourself up for anything. Anyway. You already know I love your pictures. Where did you get that killer vest!?

BoldButterBaby said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i missssss you!

Steph G said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!!! I'm excited for you to come back and add a little more sparkle to my daily reads.

ty said...

jew so pretty brookeee :)

Helene in Between said...

ahhh!! hello hello! Ive missed you! you look beautiful (as always) and so happy to see you back!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

yes i agree with jill - where is that vest from?!?! and do not beat yourself up. there are seasons for bloggin. it's no no fun when it feels like a job rather than something you enjoy. i think its about time i meet this mister...dontyathink?!?! and ohmyword those pics are fantastic and so fabulous. gorgeous my friend! i bet your mom bawled like a baby. soooo sweeet!!