Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Questions Before 2014 - Part Two

I blogged twice yesterday. Yes, two times in one day. I went months without posting and then I posted twice in one day. I told you, you've just got to love me through it.

Here is the second installment of the 25 Questions before 2014. I think y'all should do this linkup. Please. Thank you.

11. When did I feel most creatively inspired? This is special for me - because I haven't really ever been too creative. I've never really tapped into that part of my life. Except when it came to my Halloween costume. 



Cookie monster - made by ME.

12. What projects have I completed? Completed projects. I complete projects daily in my professional life - can't say I've completed too many in my regular life - except I'm currently working on one for a Christmas gift.

13. How have I procrastinated? I do this every single day. I work better under pressure. Like way better. But I have been wanting to really chase some dreams of mine and I keep putting them off. I think I'm working on finally getting to where I need to be to chase those dreams. It's just a work in progress.

14. In what ways can I re-structure my time? I have to make a few things a priority. In 2014 the gym is going to be a big one. I need to get back to every day in the gym. Or at least every week day. I just feel so much better about myself. I need to work on making time for family and friends too.

15. How have I allowed fear of failure to hold me back? I'm not afraid to fail - I'm more afraid of how I can make everything work. That's held me back from some big decisions, not because I don't believe in myself, but because I just don't know how I can afford something/make a dream become reality.

16. Where has self-doubt taken over? I vow to stop doubting myself in 2014. In all aspects. A little birdie told me just yesterday I need to start being confident in myself, in everything that I do. I'm working on it. Work in progress here.

17. When have I felt the most alive? This is really, really easy. As you know, I've found myself in a new relationship - and while I don't believe in defining yourself through relationships, I do believe in the beauty of them. I'll never forget sitting on his couch a little over 2.5 weeks ago, having a pretty intense conversation about our lives, our choices, the beauty of things, and just feeling like I never wanted to leave that moment. The funny thing is I feel that way pretty often with him. But even before him, there were lots of times that I would find myself feeling chill bumps because of just living.

18. How have I taught others to respect me? I finally have been standing up for myself. In lots of ways. If I don't like the way I'm being treated or the way things are going, I remove myself from that situation. I'm 30. I don't have to be treated like I'm a filler in someone's life until something better comes along. It may have taken me 30 years to understand that but I'll be darned if I'm gonna let anyone walk all over me anymore.

19. How can I improve my relationships? Oh, where do I even begin? I spent a lot of time over the last couple of years really getting to know myself. Getting to know who I am and what I want. Getting to a place of self acceptance and love. The beauty of that is I finally know what I want and I'm ready to love others. Not just in a boyfriend/girlfriend type of way - but in a mother/daughter - friend - aunt - kinda way.

20. Have I been unfair to anyone? Sometimes you just gotta let go of the negative and embrace the positive. I don't think I've been unfair to anyone, but I've been doing a lot of self reflection lately. Trying to make sure that I haven't been unfair to anyone. I'm in a happy place. I'm at peace with a lot of things and decisions. And that's all I can ask for in 2014!!



2 comments:

Sami said...

I love this so many! You are radiating joy and happiness and there is nothing that makes me happier than seeing that in a friend! You deserve all of the good that has found its way into your life. XO

Chelsea said...

Welp, you've got me beat! Two posts in a day AND you made your own Cookie Monster costume? Amazing.

I found myself nodding my head during so many of your answers!!! I can relate to so much of this :)